Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22 i slalom wake

Hi,
    Who owns a 22 i? I'm considering buying an 07 22 i. How are the slalom wakes behind this boat? Just sold my direct drive and would like a little more seating? Ski alot and don't want a huge wake. No real videos showing the slalom wake behind this boat? Thanks for any comments
    Last edited by brianbaumer; 05-12-2010, 02:54 PM.

I answered this in the general discussion forum. Let me know if there is anything more that I can answer...

Comment

I have a 2005 22i and I find that even with the taps off it still gives a sizable wake. If you are looking for flat water, this is not the way to go. I used to love the single stick since I changed over to wakeboarding I look for the big wake. Big wake , big fun. Try It
      dennis

Comment

22i Wake

I have an '04 22i. While the slalom wake is not bad, it is considerably higher than that of a competition boat.

Comment

i love the flat wake mine gives, i run a 75' rope put the TAPS to 0
          Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. It's just that yours is stupid.

Comment

I got and 01 21i and I think the wake could definitely be smaller. The thing is I also do a lot of surfing now days so I am like the fact that I can load up the sacks and it throws a nice surf wake. with more seating you are going to be giving up on the wake thats just the way it goes.
            I'm going old school- I'm bring back the SKURFER!!!!!!

Comment

The 22i really is more of a wake boat than a slalom machine. I haven't skied the one your looking at but, the boats themselves are BIG. They barely fit down a coarse. If your good, you can hit both of each set of guide buoys all the way down the coarse if they are set for any kind of comp boat. Since they are designed for wakeboarding, the wakes, while not being huge will be firm.

The only way to be sure is to ski behind it to see if it's do-able for you. You never know, you might decide to just be old and spend the rest of your days surfing. Like me.
              You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

thanks for all your responses. I bought the bought, 06 22 i, had 31 hours on it, just got back from powell, boat now has 60 hours! Slalom wake is a little hard but really good for a boat this size. thanks again

Comment

Congrats on the boat. Where's the pics though?

Was I accurate on the wakes?

Comment

yeah u were pretty accurate. Loving it so far, pics to come

Comment

Originally posted by brianbaumer View Post
                      thanks for all your responses. I bought the bought, 06 22 i, had 31 hours on it, just got back from powell, boat now has 60 hours! Slalom wake is a little hard but really good for a boat this size. thanks again
                      Congrats...
                      Just got myself into an 06 22i also last month. Loving it soooooo far

Comment

Right on. Have you tried surfing it yet?

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                          Right on. Have you tried surfing it yet?
                          Not yet

Comment

I own a 07 21i and the wake is too big for awesome slalom skiing. It is okay, but not great.

Comment

Working...
                            X