2005 Tige 24v. Marine Power motor Not starting. Died while driving

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2005 Tige 24v. Marine Power motor Not starting. Died while driving

I was out with my son this morning and while i was tearing up the smooth water....i had the throttle all the way to the max and then the boat started to bog down and then die. Any ideas what it could be.

Is it turning over, just not firing? Any fuel smell? Does the low pressure fuel pump prime with key before starting?

Comment

Yea if i keep trying to start it, it will kick on and then immediately shut off. No smell of gas. Yes it sounds like it is priming when i turn the key.

Comment

Originally posted by Nsrider21 View Post
        Yea if i keep trying to start it, it will kick on and then immediately shut off. No smell of gas. Yes it sounds like it is priming when i turn the key.
        Did you ever figure out what happened or what the fix was on this? I had a similar problem this week.

Comment

Originally posted by Bdowconnolly View Post

Did you ever figure out what happened or what the fix was on this? I had a similar problem this week.
          I think it was just bad fuel. I ended up putting some fuel stabilizer and filling my boat up at a reputable gas station and haven’t had the problem since.

But did this happen after you ran the boat and then sat for a little while?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Does it seem to run rough and then shut off or just shut off for no apparent reason? Had a similar experience when I put Sea Foam in my '06 (which was new to me at the time) for the first time. Wound up replacing the plugs and been good ever since.

Comment

Working...
            X