Need help with tower ID Please!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need help with tower ID Please!!!

Trying to order new boat cover for my 2005 Tige 22I but what tower do I have?? Is it the Factory tower or the PHAT tower? Any help would be appreciated!!! Also any covers that you recommend?
    Thanks in advance!!

https://www.coveranything.com/2005-t...me-boat-cover/

fits around the tower bases.

IMG_2079.jpg

Comment

That is neither the factory or PHAT tower. I believe it is a Rival tower built right around the merger of PHAT and Rival. Pretty rare beast. It uses factory locations but that rear leg base might give you issues with an off the shelf cover. You’re more than likely not going to find a cover that fits it perfect. However, you should be able to make it work. Worse comes to worst, you could have it altered by a canvas shop.

I recently bought a Westland Sharkskin Plus cover from coveranything and it’s a real nice cover. Very happy with it. Only had it on a few times but the fit is excellent. Nice and light weight too.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

I have been told by several people that it is a phat tower for tige, one of the first. But I am not so sure? It does have a phat sticker on it but it is faint.

Comment

I could very well be one of the last PHAT towers built but it certainly is not the widely known PHAT tower that was installed on many west coast Tiges. Keep in mind, towers on boats were less than a decade old. Lots of boats got shipped from the factory without towers and then the dealers would put on a tower as a dealer installed option and they had deals with their own suppliers. Same with ballast. You’re tower is about as rare as mine and I’m not sure I’ve seen that exact one on a Tige before. If I have it was long ago, in a galaxy far, far away. Like I said, PHAT and Rival merged around that time and your tower looks like the big Rival that came out around that time. That rear leg is an odd design but that’s what was hot ~’05. My tower is a more simplified design of that flat billet plate rear leg design. I think I’ve only seen one other of them on a Tige.

Regardless, you’re not going to find that design in a cover manufactures data base. You could always contact them directly.

Comment

Thank you very much for the info and I will see if I can find a cover that will fit!

Comment

No worries. That’s what Tigeowners is for.

Comment

Found a pic online with same tower but it is a 22V.

Comment

To add to the drama of what I have! Sam from Tige factory states its a Rival tower before phat budde and rival merged!!??!
                  cant even find Rival?

Comment

Originally posted by nozleman View Post
                    To add to the drama of what I have! Sam from Tige factory states its a Rival tower before phat budde and rival merged!!??!
                    cant even find Rival?
                    That is what we can tell. It was not a factory tower. Just going by what TWS used for towers back during that time period. Chris was good friends with Phat/Rival so it could have been a custom job or a set of prototypes.
                    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                    X