2004 Tige 21i limited Surfing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2004 Tige 21i limited Surfing

Looking at a 2004 Tige 21i limited that is for sale. Looks to be in great condition. How is this boat for surfing ?

I’ve never really seen much on them. It’s certainly not going to be a great surfboat. Should be pretty respectable for a D-drive. However just about anything will surf with enough weight in it. There is more to life than wakesurfing though and the 21i is a sweet ride for any other discipline.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

We had our '99 21i and loved that boat. It's a great ski boat, decent wakeboard, and relatively an ok surf boat. It will never be close to the modern surf monsters or have a massive wave but you can still get out and enjoy the water and even get ropeless with enough persistence and weight.

I'll dig up a video of our surf wave

Comment

Just a quick clip I found from a few years ago. Like I said not some monster of a wave but still fun. And this was on the oldest style, heaviest $150 board we found online. I'm sure a nicer board would help. Also I put it in the description but we ran about 1600lbs of water ballast and a wake shaper and in this particular video we had 3 adults in the boat and used bodyweight as best we could.

https://youtu.be/HuzO3RE6HJ4

Comment

think its a different hull than mine but I have a 98 2200i and its an okay wake surf boat. We run 500lbs of lead, 500lbs of ballast, 7/8 ppl plus coolers, and a wake shaper and the wake is pretty decent. Again will never be as good as a V-drive. I will say the wakeboard wake is good (well a hell of a lot better than my old I/O). For us all we really do is surf now and if I had to do it again I would spend the extra money on a V-drive.

Comment

jakewake.jpgI have an 05 22i....we use around 500# in a rear locker and 250# in the non-surf side along with a wakeshaper. My kids can surf without a rope as can the wife. I struggle off the rope (165# weight) but can still do it. We have to surf close to the boat also. Not great for surfing but it is great for wakeboarding and tubing.

Comment

Working...
            X