TAPS GAUGE NOT WORKING

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TAPS GAUGE NOT WORKING

My TAPS gauge on my 20i quit working late last season i.e. the needle doesn't move when I press the switch, however, the TAPS plate still moves up and down so mechanically everything seems fine. Can anyone guide me in the right direction on where the problem is? Connection? New Gauge? Thanks for any help.

what year is your boat?
    Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

TAPS info

If yours is hydrolic there is a sensor in one of the rams that broke or just worn out. Contact Bennette trim tabs for a part # and take it to your nearest marine store and have them order it for you. If your really lucky bennette may just sell you the part directly. Fixing it yourself is a bit of work. They will send very good instructions on how to take it apart. Putting it back together is another story. The problem is the wire that runs from the sensor to the TAPS guage is connected at the sensor and not diconnectable. I've been through this before and the trick seems be cut the wire to the old sensor at the transom and tape it to the new wire and pull it (the new wire) back through the entire boat right to the guage. You will have to help it along as much as possible, there are alot of tight spots.

Good Luck

Comment

Comment

Thanks for the info Hotrod; I will give it a try and let you know if that was it. Boat is in storage now so it might be a few weeks before I get to it.

Comment

I had the same problem with my 2002 22i. Bennet sent me a replacement cap and wire at no cost. Made the repair in about 15 minutes with only a screwdriver, plyers and electrical tape.

Comment

I had the same problem with my 2006 22v. The taps plate worked but the guage didn't. I replaced the taps hydraulic ram which didn't fix the problem. Then I replaced the guage itself which solved the problem.
              Good luck.
              Mike

Comment

Working...
              X