Used parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Used parts

I have just recently purchased a 2002 20i and up here in Canada will be a while before I get to put her in the water, bring on summer.

However, given that I have sometime to work on a few minor issues I was wondering if anyone knows of a used parts dealer for Tige boats. I have a dash that appears to have caved in. On a quick inspection not sure i can get it to pop back out, unless some one has an idea how to do that.

So back to the used parts I have made contact with Tige , who made contact with the original manufacture of that dash, who has indicated it is no longer made. So i was hoping to maybe find a used one.

Thoughts or suggestion would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Caved in? Post a pic of that. I bet you'll get some suggestions on how to fix it with the brains at TO. Heck I have some Ideas, I'd just need to see what your talking about first.
    The luck is gone, the brain is shot, but the liquor we still got.

Comment

Used parts

Okay here is a pic.

Any thoughts?
      Attached Files

Comment

I would peel off the vinyl, make a 1-off out of fiberglass and recover in new vinyl.
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Wow! I have never seen anything like that before.

Comment

Can you take the gauges out and pop it back up?

Comment

Once it warms up here a bit I hope to be able to figure out how to take the dash off. Once I have it off I want to see if I can somehow heat the dash up either with a heat gun or hot water and see if I can get it to go back to the original shape. If not I may have to get someone to customize me one.
              Last edited by giers; 03-18-2010, 04:34 AM.

Comment

Where in Canada are you located?

Comment

did someone lean on it or did you find it this way one morning? Just curious?

Comment

I am located in Swift Current Saskatchewan, straight north of Billings Montana.

Not sure what happened, I just bought the boat with the dash looking it does.

Comment

That is super odd. I have basically the same dash and can tell you it is crowded under there. That area on top of the dash is shielded by the windshield. I wonder how that happened??

Comment

If I were to attempt this this is what i would try...

I'm assuming the dash is a vacuum formed piece of ABS plastic. That's what mine looks like it is made out of.

I have two ideas to try, the first is less "invasive".

Option One: remove the gages and support it around the edges with a rigid template so it doesn't sag where you don't want it to. Tilt the dash so it would make the optimal "bowl" if it were the correct shape. Warm the plastic up with a heat gun so it's hot to the touch. Next pour screaming hot boiling water into the "bowl". The weight should push the dash down. When the dash looks to be in the correct shape, cool the water off. A pile of Ice, set it in a cold water bath, whatever you have at your disposal.

Option Two: I would remove it, flip it over, and heat it as evenly as possible with a heat gun.

When heated it should want to tighten up first and go flat, the opposite way you want it to go, if you keep heating it should begin to droop again. Plastic has a memory, it will want to go back to it's original shape once it's heated and stretched. In this case the original shape is a flat sheet. Take it slow and easy.

Good luck.

<fine print>

Option Three: Find out the manufacturer of the part, have them ship me the mold, and I'll mold you one.
                        The luck is gone, the brain is shot, but the liquor we still got.

Comment

Thanks for the ideas/tips I will give it a go. Will let you know how I make out.

Thanks appreciate the advice and the offer to mould me a new one.

Comment

Working...
                          X