Taps Hyd Cylindar?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Taps Hyd Cylindar?

One of my hyd. cylindars is leaking and I am wondering how hard they are to replace? Will I have to pull the fuel tank on my 2000 21i or can all the work be done from the outside of the boat(transom)? I think I found the correct one, a Bennett, on ebay for around $70, is that about right?

I did mine on my 08 20v. It was easy. My one piece of advice is make sure the plate is all the way up. The cylanders are spring returned so if the cylinder is extended you will get soaked. From experience.

Comment

Very good thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by ajholt7 View Post
        I did mine on my 08 20v. It was easy. My one piece of advice is make sure the plate is all the way up. The cylanders are spring returned so if the cylinder is extended you will get soaked. From experience.
        Was your 2008 Warranty up and only covered parts? MY 2007 which I did not take possesion of until 2008 is in that mode and so far I call dealer and have part ordered and they ship replaced part to me and I send bad part back to dealer. Is great vs. 100 mile ride and $120 hr for them to look at trivial things like horn and a bad negative battery cable.

Comment

Originally posted by MoneyPity View Post
          Was your 2008 Warranty up and only covered parts? MY 2007 which I did not take possesion of until 2008 is in that mode and so far I call dealer and have part ordered and they ship replaced part to me and I send bad part back to dealer. Is great vs. 100 mile ride and $120 hr for them to look at trivial things like horn and a bad negative battery cable.
          That is exactly the way we did it.

Comment

Working...
          X