Installing a Depth Sounder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Installing a Depth Sounder

This is a follow up thread to my previous one about finding a depth sounder.

Now that i have found the depth founder that I am going to use I need to install it. On my 2002 20i there appears to be a blank gauge to the left of the steering wheel. which is where would like to install the aftermarket depth sounder.

Do I have to take the dash apart to do this install, and if I do does the steering wheel need to come off first?

Also, does anyone know if the dash on a 2002 20i should be con-caved or is mine defective?

Thanks

no, their should be two nut on the back of guage. Loosen them and disconnect cable then should come out. Reverse to install new guage after running cable and installing new transducer.

Comment

Okay, I see how the gauge comes out, but after careful inspection I see it has a blue wire going to it. Now I am really confused. However, when I turn the key on it still looks blank.

Any thoughts?

Comment

Sorry i mean't wire.

Comment

Thats okay, I new what you mean. Just wondering why there would be a wire going to it?

Also, do you have any idea where I might find the capacity plate on this boat. In Canada I need the compliancy number to register the numbers on the boat in my name.

Comment

Working...
          X