Depth Sounder

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depth Sounder

Sorry to be a pain, but you know us new boat owners. Just wondering if anyone has some recommendations for a good depth sounder for my 2002 20i that I just purchased.

Thanks

Heres a good one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/HawkE...ssoriesQ5fGear

Comment

That’s a nice after market one, and easy to install.
      I the one I got is by hummingbird, and we had to cut a 2” hole in the hall about 6” away from the v drive.
      The hole does go through, it just makes the sending unit sit level with the water.
      Tige, it's a way of life!

Comment

I've got the Lowrance LST-3800. I have the skim type transducer epoxied to the inside of the hull. Depths are accurate, I think the water temp seems high. The water always seems colder than the gage. Maybe I have thin skin.

I think I paid $40 for the unit, plus $30 for the transducer at Cabela's.
        The luck is gone, the brain is shot, but the liquor we still got.

Comment

Originally posted by AdaminMN View Post
          I've got the Lowrance LST-3800. I have the skim type transducer epoxied to the inside of the hull. Depths are accurate, I think the water temp seems high. The water always seems colder than the gage. Maybe I have thin skin.

I think I paid $40 for the unit, plus $30 for the transducer at Cabela's.
          I thought to get the correct water temp, the transducer had to be a thru hull? Maybe that's why it feels colder than it reads .

Comment

It's more of a hull/bilge temp gage.
            The luck is gone, the brain is shot, but the liquor we still got.

Comment

Working...
            X