21i Ballast for Boarding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

21i Ballast for Boarding

OK guys, I know there are a bunch of different threads about weighting, but for someone just getting into it weighting the boat, how much weight should I put in and where? Oh, and this is for boarding, not surfing.

T* - sounds like he has 620 under the back seat and 100lbs in the bow.

Dog says about 50/50 or maybe 60/40.

How about the rest of you i'ers out there?

I'm thinking about going easy at first with maybe 370lbs in back and 200lbs in the walkway to the bow?? Would I even notice a difference?

How much weight does it take to notice?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by Fit to be Tige; 08-19-2009, 08:24 PM.

I am in the same boat as you... As in the same question.

I just purchased 2 540lb bags and I am going to borrow a couple others and do some testing next weekend I will report back with my findings.

I am going to do both setup for Wake boarding and Surfing ... ( mostly want the wake boarding one setup good)

Comment

Awesome. Good luck and I am looking forward to your findings.

Comment

That's plenty in that boat to make a big difference. The 370r, 200f should work well. Might be a little nose heavy, depends on how many people you have. I've run a very similar set with 10 people on my 22i and it's plenty big to go out and break yurass.

Work the Taps when running nose weight and down plane (1-4 on your taps gauge). When you cut the throttle, go to full up (8) to help keep the nose from stuffing .
        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

in my 20 we ran 350's on ea side of the motor all way back to back seat and then about 450 in the walkthru. set you passengers accordingly. when you come out of the throttle ease it back or your nose will dip....okay to do if you want to wet anyone sitting toward the front.

Comment

Working...
          X