Speedo and radio

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Speedo and radio

Okay to start out im loving my 22i beast getting out of the water handling. my issues are 1 neither of my speedos work all other gauges function but the fuel gauge bounces around its halfway accurate it bounces between full half and empty depending on fuel level. any suggestions? also with I adjust my taps the radio cuts out.... it was also cutting out when i cranked it up so i just ran my (-)and (+) straight to the battery the acc wire still runs to the ignition any ideas on fixing the issue.

What year 22i is it? Do the gauges say Airguide on them? Do they have little black knobs at the bottom of the gauge to adjust them?
    Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

its a 2000 and yes it has the airguides that are adjustable i have turned them up and they still sit where ever I turn them to

Comment

the radio is fixed for the most part the taps pump was robbing 12 volt and shutting the radio off ran the radio straight to battery and the acc is still on the ignition it cut maybe once in 8 hours yesterday

Comment

First make sure the two black pickups on the sides of the transom are down.
          Then read this this thread.
          http://tigeowners.com/forum/showthre...o+air+pressure
          Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

So I cleaned out the tubes with pressurized water from the front back (Disconnected from the gauges and pickups) I blew water through at around 125 psi and had some slime come out.. then I blew about 8 psi through the tube to the gauges and they read around 20 25 mph. Out at the lake the gauges moved but were very slow to react and they would only move about 10 mph. I can adjust them up for example to 15 mph at a stand still and they will still only move about 10 mph up to 25. Could my pickups be bad or more crap in the lines or is it possible there is crap in the gauge to me it seems like there is pressure getting the the gauge and they are operating okay because of the air pressure and there response to it.

Comment

Originally posted by tige22i13 View Post
              .... then I blew about 8 psi through the tube to the gauges and they read around 20 25 mph. ...
              The water moving past the pickup at the transom creates a vacuum in the tube that causes the gauge needle to deflect.
              Not sure what putting pressure into the gauge instead of vacuum will do to it.

Comment

Originally posted by R&T Babich View Post
                The water moving past the pickup at the transom creates a vacuum in the tube that causes the gauge needle to deflect.
                Not sure what putting pressure into the gauge instead of vacuum will do to it.
                Im not sure either way but I believe that the pickup operates by pressure according to "tige md" who is a former service manager for tige in the second post of this thread. http://tigeowners.com/forum/showthre...o+air+pressure

Comment

Working...
                X