trailer problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

trailer problem

I have a 2001 20i on a roadrunner trailer, nose trim always hits front roller unless you back in real shallow, then boat has to be cranked on by hand. Anyone have any suggestions as to how to fix this ?
    Thanks,
    Bret

Back in shallow, get the boat onto the trailer, then back the trailer a little more, and then finally add a little power to the boat throttle and you are golden.

The idea is to get the boat onto the trailer first and then adjust the trailer once the boat is on. The problem that I think you are having is the ramp is steeper than some ramps in your area.

Comment

Maybe you are coming in hot. If you bring the boat in slowly enough, it shouldn't take much to stop it once it's on the trailer. I don't really mind using the winch to get it on anyway, I feel like I have more control over getting the boat to sit level on the trailer when I crank it on slowly than I do if it drops down as I pull the truck out.

Comment

Thanks for your input I will try it.

Comment

funny, i have this EXACT problem with my 2000 20i. I find I have to nose it in as best i can. If it's a ramp that brings the nose in low (many seem to be), then I pull the truck up and deal with cranking the boat up onto the roller once i am on level ground. Curious what trailer you have...?

Comment

Working...
          X