engine alarms infrequently

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am wondering if any one knows why the alarm comes on when I puch the throttle down. If it is just trolling ahead it will not come on but puch the throttle down the alarm come on. It does not seem to affect performance, just realy anoying. The alarm goes away after a short while when you put it back into neutral. Also, it does not happen all the time. We were out on the lake yesterday and it was fine for the first while but then started to alarm. We thought it was because we had a fat sack in the back storage compartment but we emptied it and it kept doing it. Then we started it a short time later and headed back to shore and it did not do it. Any help would be appreciated

What engine do you have? I'd start with checking oil level!
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

The engine is an excalibur 330 (5.7l 350) on a 2004 switch i. I check the oil and it is rigth full. It occured when we were surfing. Prior to that we were skiing and it did not occur. I wonder if the boat is pitched up for too long and the boat thinks the engine is low on oil?

Comment

Working...
      X