1999 2100i Questions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1999 2100i Questions

Recently purchased this boat and so far so good. It has the carb 5.7l merc. I have a few questions and hoping someone will know the answers.

1. Looks like a factory tower and is a little odd looking. Just wondering who made it.
    2. Any good modifications for this boat for storage, ballast, performance.
    3. Any way to relocate the stereo from the port console to the drivers side.
    4. Fuel guage works when it wants to are there any other reliable options.
    5. Thottle stick seems loose and is to easy to move. Hard to keep a real steady speed.

I have the same boat so I will try.

1) The tower I have is made by Metacraft. I have heard others complain about it, but mine has always held up great for me.
    2) I really haven't done any modifications with ballast or performance. You will want to find something to prop up the tower from the floor if you plan on storing it with the tower down. The connection for my bimini would rest directly on the vinyl if I didn't.
    3) I nearly did that last year, but decided that I wasn't good at cutting a square hole. The panel to the right of the steering wheel is a good spot, just watch for the steering cables getting in the way.
    I ended up just installing a new stereo in the port glove compartment that could be ran by remote. Now both driver and passenger have control. (I also installed a shut off switch under the dash so the driver has final say)
    4) There are other options out there, but honestly, I haven't seen a fuel gauge on any boat that was worked consistently. I'm guessing it is because of the amount of different angles the boat experiences.
    5) This is probably because someone just replaced at least one of the throttle cables. Other than that, check to make sure the spring on the throttle body (or carb) is in place and in good shape.

Feel free to email me with any other questions about your boat, I will try to answer what I can. speedracer614@gmail.com

Shameless add - my 1999 2100i with the fuel injected Mercruiser is for sale. Everyone is encouraged to contact me about it

Kevin

Comment

you can buy the remote kits for your stereo-$300 or at least thats what I paid-very nice.

Comment

Working...
      X