2000 22i purchase help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2000 22i purchase help

First Hello everyone in the forum so far you all have been very informative in my research through other threads.

I've gone through the bank and have everything set up. Tomorrow I'm planning on going an taking a look at a used 2000 22i with the standard 350. Besides the issues with the factory tower what should I look for that is model specific that goes wrong with this boat, and also what in general with inboards. The boat has 850 hours is it going to be worth purchasing or is there a good chance I'm going to have to put in a good chunk of change to get this baby right?
    Thank you, a Seasoned boater but an inboard virgin

I just purchased a 2003 22i Type R 3 weeks ago.

1.Be prepared to buy fat sacs if none come with it.I'll need alot of weight for a big wake.

2. Make sure the boat is propped right. I find with this model it takes alittle doing to get out of the whole with a boat load.

Great boat, we enjoy ours !!!!

Good luck with your purchase and have fun!!
    Life is good...
    Happy Wife Happy Life

Comment

Dave,
      How do you tell if the boat is propped right? I experience the same "get up and go" issues with my 2000 20i. Any recommendations?

Comment

Ask the seller: 1)most recent impeller change, 2)how do you start the boat out of the water, 3)most recent tranny oil change (pull the dipstick and smell the fluid), 4)dual battery set-up(especially with a pumpin stereo), 5)trailer care, when and how often are the wheel bearings lubed, 6)any salt water usage (if yes, move on).....
        good luck

Comment

That's a good list havasu. I don't have anything to add to it.

If it was maintained well, there shouldn't be much to be concerned with. You already know about the towers and that is by far the biggest worry. Hmmm... I had the bow eye come loose once. If havasu's list checks out, it should be a straight up boat.

Best thing to do with any prop issues is call ACME and talk to them. I'm not sure who our ACME dealer is on this site (anyone, anyone?) but, somebody knows. If you do purchase it and it has the stock prop (4 blade OJ), I would highly recommend the ACME 653. http://tigeowners.com/forum/showthre...ighlight=props Especially if you boat at any higher elevations.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
            ... I'm not sure who our ACME dealer is on this site (anyone, anyone?) but, somebody knows.
            Both SPBFAN and chpthril are ACME dealers. SPBFAN is in California, chpthril is in North Carolina.

Comment

Working...
            X