06 20i Shutting down (Water 279)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

06 20i Shutting down (Water 279)

Slalom skiing tonight and my 2006 20i just shut down; Water 279 flashed on the tach; temp is ok; oil pressure ok;

2nd thing I noticed tonight ...max speed is 35 mph full throttle 4000 rpm...this doesn't seem right? could my speedometer be incorrect?

Originally posted by kartz View Post
    Slalom skiing tonight and my 2006 20i just shut down; Water 279 flashed on the tach; temp is ok; oil pressure ok;

2nd thing I noticed tonight ...max speed is 35 mph full throttle 4000 rpm...this doesn't seem right? could my speedometer be incorrect?
    Check the wires going to the gauges...maybe there's a loose connection in there somewhere.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

You can check the speed accuracy with a GPS. 4000 RPM seems low for WOT. Maybe you need a different prop?
      Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

'06 20i Speedometer calibration

Anyone know how to calibrate speed on a 20i '06 model? I did a speed check with a GPS and full throttle (4500 + rpm) was 43 mph per GPS. Tach says 34-35 mph.

Comment

Well your RPM and MPH, at WOT, seem good according to the GPS. I don't know about adjusting your Speedo. Maybe someone else will?
          Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Working...
          X