Tower for 98 2200i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tower for 98 2200i

Just wondering if anyone had a recommendation for a tower that would work well with the hull design on my 98 2200i?? Any special considerations I should keep in mind?? We have always been slalom people, so we are new to the wakeboarding scene. Thanks for your help.
    Sonjasman

Check out Monster Tower. The best value, IMHO.
    Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Whatever you do, don't go cheap and get some cheesy universal POS. A good tower is worth it's weight in gold. Certainly Monster and Samson get the most recognition for being great towers. Do a search for "tower" on here and you'll end up with more info than you can process in one day.

One consideration is the gunwhales on your boat. They are very narrow. I had to go with a side mount for the rear legs on mine due to lack of width. Actually turned out to be kinda nice as it gives you more room inside of the tower and you can fit a big fat bimini under it.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Thanks guys

for the info, do you happen to know if in 98 tige was reinforcing the fiberglass for a tower??? Should i plan on adding some additional strength?? Im just a little concerned because a buddy of mine recently put a tower on his older malibu, and within a few weeks the fiberglass started to show stress cracks. He had a metal fab shop make some larger bases for the tower. I just dont want to compromise the integrity of my tige with the wrong tower/installation. Thanks again for your help, this site rocks, and I look forward to being a part of it!!!

Comment

I think your Tige will be fine. The older ones are built like tanks. I'd call the guys at Monster Tower and they will be straight with you. Their tower system puts a lot less stress on the fiberglass deck.
          Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

I like the MT2 that Monster has. It has the swoop look to it ..totally different from the original, and you have the Monster Tower quality !!
            Life is good...
            Happy Wife Happy Life

Comment

my vote is to get a Titan II series tower.
              If its not fun, Why do it?

Comment

thanks everyone for the input, I will put a pic of the boat "in action" up once the tower is installed.

Thanks again

Comment

Please post pics soon. I need a tower for my boat too. My boat is the same as yours (I think) Good luck!

Comment

Working...
                  X