New owner of 02 22i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New owner of 02 22i

Hello all! I just bought my first Tige. Actually my first inboard. I must say it is much different than an outboard. I have a couple of issues I am trying to work out on this boat. 1. The oil pressure gauge does not work once the motor warms up. The gauge will go to zero or bounce around. Sending unit or gauge? 2. What color are the paddle wheel wires that feeds the speedo? Appears the previous owner disconnected. 3. The head unit in this boat is not the original Clarion, therefore the remotes don't work. After searching other threads the model I need is probably an XMD1 or 2. Do the remotes on this radio have a history of issues? I would like to replace head unit.

Congrats on the boat but, I'm afraid we are going to need to see some pics. Not necessarily the problem areas, we just like to look at Tiges.

I'm afraid I'm not going to be much help on your particular issues but, somebody will have the answers. Feel free to post this in the General Tige Topics section in order to get some more exposure.

I can tell you that you can do much better than that Clarion HU. This is a question for the General Stereo section. We've got a few extremely knowledgeable stereo people in here.
    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Not sure on the guage thing, or the wires for the speedo. but would suggest new head unit and remotes. get what you want and not tryt o retro fit and then be unhappy.

Comment

Originally posted by yllw20 View Post
        Not sure on the guage thing, or the wires for the speedo. but would suggest new head unit and remotes. get what you want and not tryt o retro fit and then be unhappy.
        Yeah, Clarion doesn't exactly make the best ones. I went with Kenwood and am very happy...it's got a great iPod interface.
        Cursed by a fortune cookie: "Your principles mean more to you than any money or success."

Comment

Way to go on the new boat !! We are picking up an 03 22i tommorrow. Apparently the 22i are pretty good boats.
          Life is good...
          Happy Wife Happy Life

Comment

Working...
          X