Tige 20i taking water in front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tige 20i taking water in front

2006 20i; I was on the lake today for about 2 hours; just trolling around with family; noticed that the carpet was getting wet up front; as time passed the water kept getting more and more to the point it was 1 inch deep (only in the front). Plug in the back is in and when I removed tonight it is dry; the T handle plug near the engine is in and no water is or has been around the engine. Does anyone know how this water is getting in to the front of the boat?

Do you have any ballast in there? Check the fittings and bag if you do.

Also check your bow eye. Make sure its tight, water could leak through there.
    Common Sense is not so Common
    Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

No ballast system; I checked around and found the bow eye was a little loose; THANKS FOR THE TIP! I hope this solves the problem.

Comment

The bow does not drain either. So you will have to suck up the water by some other means (shop vac, sponge, etc.) and air it out to prevent mold.
        Common Sense is not so Common
        Looking for fat chicks for long walks, romance, cheap buffets, and BALLAST.

Comment

I suggest re-sealing the bow eye with marine silicone. If its tight and not sealed it will still leak when submerged.

Comment

If you have docking lights and/or the Sharkeye nav lights, check those also.
            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Working...
            X