Lifeform 20s

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lifeform 20s

Just installed some today. Thought I'd post a little review.

Forgot to take a pic of the back of the light but as with the previous models of Lifeform everything is super clean and light appears to be very waterproof(entirely encased in billet with only the wiring coming out and well sealed). I tend to reserve judgement until I see them in the water. Will add to the thread later.

They could be mounted out at the corners as well. These are just going to be for floating at night so no need to light a wake.

Just for reference, the Centurion is being lit with the pair of 20s. The Tige being lit is a pair of LF9s. Little Pepsi challenge. Always think it's hard to rate lights in the shop with the lights on. I felt they are brighter.

One thing is for sure, they have a considerable amp draw for an LED. Didnt have time to put an amp clamp on them but advertised as 5.75A each light.
    Attached Files

5+ amps is 2X the 9, so that should be pretty bright light.

I have found that it gets hard to tell a difference between lights at a certain point. They are all bright as crap if you look at them with the naked eye. if you try to judge the distance of the light projection, a spot style lens may look brighter then a flood simply because it project further. Outside of doing your own light meter tests, I think 12V DC amp draw is still the best method of judging.
    Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Im with you. No engineer here but those lights are doing more "work" at that amperage. Makes me wonder about the LLs as my brain says more "pressure"(V) equals more
      current, but LEDs seem to only need enough voltage to overcome the voltage drops of the diodes and dont behave like incandescents(24v not needed) Hence some super bright headlamps running on only 4.5v. Seems like the whole lens/refraction/beam angle is a bigger sell than the 24v converter for LLs..

I'm waiting to get them in the water as that is really the only test that matters. These went on a customers boat and wont get a chance to see them on the lake.

Have another pair that are going on a demo boat so should be able to get some nighttime pics of them later this summer/late spring.
      Last edited by freeheel4life; 05-01-2019, 05:40 AM.

Comment

Sweet looking lights. Single color?

Comment

Yessir. Not sure all the offerings. I know for sure theres blue and white single color.

Comment

Working...
          X