Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shaper feedback

shaper 1.jpgshaper.jpg
    Shaper is kinda rough. Not gonna really refine it, paint it etc until I test first. I made a couple of others that work pretty good on my 24ve but the fin was in the front of the device. I decided to change it so it would position at the very end of the hull.

Doesn't really matter too much as long as it works. That being said you may want to lay off the wobbly pops next time until complete.lol. You edges may be straighter.

Personally I find the wedge portion is best when right under the Tige logo on the side or about 18" from the back. It helps keep the spray down and splashing over to the surf side wave.

Comment

^^^Thats interesting on the Ve. My buddy has one for his 21v that hangs off the back edge like the one crabo built and he likes it much more the the forward placed gate. Another friend of mine is finally getting his Ve off of Tahoe for our annual Shasta trip and it’s never had a gate on it. I don’t think it’s been surfed behind for a few years. I’ll put one of my old gates back together and give it him rather than build a new one.

Damn crabo. Did you cut that thing out with a chainsaw? It looks like one piece. Did you heat it and bend it?
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

LOL. Wobbly pops are why they're as straight as they are. Keeps the hands steady.

Comment

Hey, I told you guys it was rough. I freehanded the drawing and cut out with a jigsaw. Then smoothed the edges down with drum sander on a die grinder. It is one piece, heated and bent.

Comment

I have one that’s really similar to that. I use it on my 24ve. I agree with BC, I usually put mine slightly forward just under the chrome Tige logo so the spray gets deflected by the boat and doesn’t go over into the wave. I place it as low as possible on the step of the hull.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Friends Nauticurl that is shaped like that works great on his boat. I keep wanting to borrow it to try it on mine but haven't had the chance to yet.

Comment

A buddy of mine on his VE has a aluminum one that extends back like yours and he says it works way better than the traditional style and the results are pretty good too.

Comment

Hopefully can get some warm weather in a week or two so I can test. Once I test the design, end product will be much more refined.

Comment

I dig the once piece bent design. That’s cool.
                    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Shaper performed awesome on the first outing. No good videos to post. The wave curled over very similar to a nauticurl. Just a little more tweaking with the additional ballast and it should be much better.

Comment

Working...
                      X