Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New to the forum, my new '19 RZX3

IMG_20181020_202101.jpg10902.jpg306.jpg

Sorry for the shot of my bald head. Was worried my boat would fit in my garage with a 9ft door....it does barely. Got it in Sept from Performance LOZ. Only had it out 3 times, can't wait for warmer weather!!!!

Comment

Looks great! Interior is something different, I like it!

Comment

That is a sharp RZX...
        Love the colors, interior and exterior!!!
        Last edited by Ironrequiem; 03-05-2019, 03:12 PM.

Comment

Sharp boat. Good thing you didnt order it with 18s. Might not have fit.

Comment

that exterior is perfect. love it....
            2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
            2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Nice!! Bald is beautiful so is the boat. Welcome

Comment

Congrats! Welcome to the family!

Comment

Thanks, I ordered back in July of '18. I bet I went through at least 20 renderings before I finally chose this one. I still have about 3 inches of clearance on the tower. Would really like to throw some better looking wheels on the trailer tho.

Comment

Awesome colors, and a beautiful boat!

How close is "close" with your 9' door? The tige height measurement with tower down for the RZX3 is 8'9" (on 18" wheels). If you kept the stock wheels, that might have saved you about 3" in total wheel diameter, or 1.5" in height. So if my math is correct, and tige's measurements are spot on, you would have had about 4.5" to spare? Does that sound about right? Or was it closer than that?

What would you say is the highest point on the boat when tower is down and boat is connected to the truck? Those board racks look like they could be the highest point, but I can't tell between those and the actual tower bars based on the pics.

Asking because I just ordered a new 2019 ZX1 and I think I'm going to be cutting it pretty close as well. I could find myself installing larger garage doors on house.. Fortunately when we built the house, the headers were installed 3' higher on the garage door wall than needed for the current opening, so the effort may not be too crazy... but that doesn't excuse the cost of new doors!

Comment

Love the boat-jealous of your garage space. Welcome!

Comment

Skid, wheel diameter does not make a bit of difference in determining your overall height (well technically.....). It is your tire diameter that matters.

For example, the OP wheel/tire set up appears to be Westlakes 15" wheel with a 225/75r15 tire. The overall outside diameter of this set up is roughly 28.3".

When 18" wheels are ordered on a boatmate they typically come with a 255/55r18 tire. At least mine have. The overall outside diameter of this set up is roughly 29"

So, if one was to "upgrade" from a typical 15" wheel to a typical 18" wheel set up, in theory the overall height of the boat on the trailer would increase just over 1/4 of an inch. What you gain in wheel diameter you just loose in tire sidewall height.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
                          Skid, wheel diameter does not make a bit of difference in determining your overall height (well technically.....). It is your tire diameter that matters.

For example, the OP wheel/tire set up appears to be Westlakes 15" wheel with a 225/75r15 tire. The overall outside diameter of this set up is roughly 28.3".

When 18" wheels are ordered on a boatmate they typically come with a 255/55r18 tire. At least mine have. The overall outside diameter of this set up is roughly 29"

So, if one was to "upgrade" from a typical 15" wheel to a typical 18" wheel set up, in theory the overall height of the boat on the trailer would increase just over 1/4 of an inch. What you gain in wheel diameter you just loose in tire sidewall height.
                          Yea, totally follow you here - I was comparing the stock 15” wheel/tire combo from Boatmate Trailers website vs the available 18” combos. Yes, there are some assumptions there, but the differences from what found could result in up to 3” overall based on listed wheel/tire combos.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post

Never mind. I should have taken more time to read the post :-)
                            Oh Yeah!

Comment

Yeah, I have a little over 5 inches with the tower powered down completely and the board racks folded back, and yes the racks are the highest point. I am wanting to do nicer wheel setup, just doing some shopping around for a set.......not that I haven't spent enough already ����

Comment

Working...
                              X