Yet ANOTHER "not a Tige"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet ANOTHER "not a Tige"

I know, I know. I'm bad for this around here(off topic non Tige stuff), but dang it this thing is huge. So much hull from the bow to stern. Hopefully get to see it on the water but with all the hype I dont think it will be here long. I already have a list of gripes because I dont like MC but will try my best to give it a fair shake
    Attached Files
    Last edited by freeheel4life; 08-08-2018, 03:42 AM.

Why in the world are you posting that here? Thats sacrelig. I know you carry them and all but get that trash off this site... LOL
    Germaine Marine
    "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

Haha. Trust me, not a fan(pretty much hate them for my own reasons) and wasnt happy when they picked em up. Freaking sales guys...
      Just thought some people be curious about what's going on in the boating industry. Cant remember which TO member ir is but hes got a couple MCs in his tag and nobody throws him shade
      Certainly not interested in selling someone one(not my job) or converting anyone. Just making conversation.
      Last edited by freeheel4life; 08-08-2018, 05:08 AM.

Comment

Im just busting your balls. I have been in the new X24. Personally really like it. Its not a Tige, but I like it.
        Germaine Marine
        "A proud dealer of Tige, Supra, Moomba and ATX performance boats"

Comment

I’m not a Mc fan but it is a decent looking boat one of my local dealers just got one in. 52151997-FD29-4D55-92D7-0EE8A2C94CBA.jpg

Comment

My personal opinion is that MC keeps missing the boat (excuse the pun). I think the tower looks like something from 1992, the interior is nothing special, there just isn't anything that gets me fired up about their boats. I have spent a lot of time in the NXT20 and I have not been impressed at all... The surf wave is nothing special, the small colorized info screen is okay but the mechanism for changing the surf tabs is borderline incompetent. The interior is okay but again, nothing special and the boat is very shallow. Then there is that tower.... on the NXT it is probably the WORST tower I have ever come across. You have two handles that you have to unscrew that come all the way out, then you have to walk a very heavy tower back over the rear of the boat. Whoever designed that should be fired. Just my two cents...

Comment

Their towers are ugly. The shock assisted tower especially, though it it super easy to use.
              My main beef is MC goes to great lengths to be "proprietary" and it just inflates price and it's over stuff that really isnt an original idea. They decided they were too cool for Indmar or PCM and wanted to stand apart so they went Ilmor(everything is more expensive when you have a racing company building your engines). In an effort to be different they had to have Klipsch audio. They are the only ones I know that run a splined prop shaft and props so it inflates price due to added machining, and we all know tapered shafts and hubs work great. They want to hype their touch screen interface and it's all the same stuff Tige and others are getting with a different look/function via software, still the same hardware. Dont even get me started on "Dockstar". Even when they were getting engine from Indmar they had to have different intake manifolds and MC badging all over it(leading uninformed MC owners to believe MC built their engine). They use a different strut than everyone else...I could go on and on. Mainly a lot of fluff that pushes them into the ridiculous money category. That x24 i posted is almost 200k and it's not even that optioned. Lots of other really nice surf barges for 50-60k less.

Comment

I’m in the camp of it just doesn’t get my blood pumping. Honestly I think they’re butt ugly all around. But I’ve heard good things about them.
                BABz - babzusa.com
                Austin, TX

Comment

200k and bet it's seen spending most of it's life on payette lake towing tubes.....
                  2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                  2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutATX View Post
                    Honestly I think they’re butt ugly all around.
                    AGREED! I just have never liked the swoop in the back of the boat.

Comment

Never really cared for MC styling, especially their towers. For those few that have been in both, how does the X24 compare to the ZX5?

Comment

I havent been in a ZX5 yet. I went out on the X24. Inthought it was a nice boat but not 200K worth of nice, but Im into value boats that do big things for less. I also think that we had too much rear biased weight and it made for a BIG, but short wave. The MC rep was the one driving the boat so trust his setup, but I think with some tweaking it could have been better. One thing I did like function wise was the wave can be changed from steep to a mellow setting really quickly(tap screen and wave changes super fast). I would take an SL over the x24 any day would be my final take on it, and its 50-60k less depending on options.

Comment

Since buying my '07 24ve, I'm definitely on the Tige' train. A good friend of mine has a 2013 x45. His boat has all the bells, touch screen, hard tanks and 3 surf tabs. He admittedly doesn't have his surf settings dialed in. But my boat with no ballasts and a suck gate has a very comparable wave to his. At a 1/3 of the cost.
                          Last edited by crabo227; 01-06-2019, 12:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X