1st wake boat... 2000 Tige 22i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st wake boat... 2000 Tige 22i

Bought this guy recently... So far it's a great boat! Super clean and runs amazing... Just gotta get used to the direct drive after owning I/Os forever lol

received_2240295939317987.jpeg
    received_2240295942651320.jpeg
    received_2240295949317986.jpg
    received_2240293915984856.jpeg

Congrats on the new boat, and welcome to the Tige family.

Comment

Looks good! I like the tower mounted mirror and tinted windows
      Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Right on. They are great boats. Yours looks like it has seen some love. Welcome to the site.

I do have a question though. When they reupholstered the boat, why did they just cover up the old speaker holes and the cup holders on the doghouse? The doghouse kinda looks like a naked Ken doll without them.
        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
          Right on. They are great boats. Yours looks like it has seen some love. Welcome to the site.

I do have a question though. When they reupholstered the boat, why did they just cover up the old speaker holes and the cup holders on the doghouse? The doghouse kinda looks like a naked Ken doll without them.
          I honestly have no idea... but I did notice that the cup holders were gone haha... I may try to find some new cup holders and cut holes for them in the vinyl... the holes are still there if you run your hand across where they normally are... I thought that was strange as hell too! Where are the speaker hole supposed to be on the doghouse?

Comment

Welcome! That's a good looking boat.

Comment

Nice man - congrats! Just bought the same one and loving it so far. Downsized from a 27 LaveyCraft i/o. Liking it so far, although reverse is tricky.

Comment

Very nice! Looks great! TeamAllen has tons of good info for those DDs on here. Enjoy the forum!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ryevolution View Post
                  Nice man - congrats! Just bought the same one and loving it so far. Downsized from a 27 LaveyCraft i/o. Liking it so far, although reverse is tricky.
                  Reverse (sometimes even forward) is tricky. I came over from an outboard. When I bought my z3 the dealer took me out for a couple hours showing me the ropes. Get out with someone who has had an inboard. I am learning very quickly. I have to make sure I set up docking so I enter the dock/trailer by turning left ( if possible). Boat will alway reverse and pull the rear to the right. I have gotten to the point that I can spin the boat pretty tightly (unless windy, then I struggle). Little bump forward with wheel turned to the left, little bump reverse, little bump forward, little bump reverse, little bump forward, little bump reverse, little bump forward, little bump reverse, little bump forward, little bump reverse, little bump forward,......... Above all, and I know it frustrates a lot of people waiting, but take your time!

Comment

I worded that kind of funky. There were no speakers in the doghouse. They were in the side panels. I replaced all my plastic cup holders with stainless ones. I don’t remember what I paid for them but, they have been worth every penny.
                    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Here are some old pics form my 97 for speaker locations. Interior varies slightly to the 22i

IMG_1646.jpg

IMG_1647.jpg

IMG_1648.jpg

IMG_1649.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X