74 Century Arabian

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

74 Century Arabian

This is definitely the oldest V drive I've worked on yet. Thought it was a pretty sweet boat so I would share.
    Attached Files

You get some really cool stuff in the shop!
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

Yes we do!! Also get some real big steaming piles on occasion . Its new to the owner and said it had a bad shaft seal leak. Renewed flax and took it to lake to set it last night "after work". Found that the rubber length from his shaft log to the packing nut had a crack and that's where most his water was coming from. As long as he goes for it hes getting converted to dripless since Im going to have to get the coupler off the shaft. Fingers crossed after 44 years that the coupler wants to come right off the shaft LOL

Comment

omg good luck! lol. I had my boat on the east coast for 8 years and when I had to get this done because my PSS was donzo. Anyway, the shop that did it said they broke a few of their tools. Guess it depends on where this boat was operated but being that old I would imagine it was everywhere. Glad to see someone took care of it thoughover all these years. Good news is I think older boats are more resilient in some aspects. Especially when it came to the quality of metals and such... Just was a different time and China wasn't as much a factor as it us today. Best of luck and thanks for sharing the pictures!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Comment

I always liked the Arabians. Beautiful interior for that time. Nice boats. Get some wake shots if you go out again. And maybe one of the transom?

When I was a just a pup, around 12yo, my dad had a friend with a ‘65ish D-drive Century. It was super clean and threw a really nice wake from what I remember. I was pretty big into kneeboarding at the time though. The wake looked huge compared the flat bottoms and Centurion I was used to riding behind. I still wish I could see that wake again.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Working...
          X