Not a Tige

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not a Tige

This boat is new to our area and ended up in our shop. Just thought it was neat so I wanted to share it.
    Stepping into it just warps you back in time. Its an 83 with a small cabin. Sorry for pic rotation.
    Owner wanted that sweet old head unit pulled out. Anyone wants it we have it lying around before it goes into the round file.
    Attached Files

Dang! That's a pretty slick ride...

Comment

That interior had me hearing "brown cow, chicken brown cow" and expecting to see Ron Jeremy down there
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        "brown cow, chicken brown cow"
        I am so thankful that I am not the only person who says that lol!

There is so much awesomeness in that boat! I would rock that thing with the biggest 80's stach I could grow :-)
        Oh Yeah!

Comment

Glad yall can appreciate it. It has a sweet electric pop up antennae that wasn't working when it came in. Got it cleaned up and working. Also had the original electric fan in the cabin that is a time piece in its own right. Surprising owner and sent it out to have it refurbished. He just got it in Vegas and towed it straight here. Just glad it doesn't need any drive work. Usually when I see 83 ANYTHING on the schedule I know its trouble. Not this beauty.
          I'm pretty sure this boat is responsible for a few unplanned children out there in the world. My darling wife certainly thought she wants to spend a weekend on it
          Attached Files
          Last edited by freeheel4life; 04-06-2018, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Post more if you got them. Its a time piece for sure and there is no doubt the era it came from. Just think of the amount of hours in that gelcoat/paint.
            Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by freeheel4life View Post
              I'm pretty sure this boat is responsible for a few unplanned children out there in the world. My darling wife certainly thought she wants to spend a weekend on it
              LOL!!!

Come to think of it, my son is likely the result of a weekend on a houseboat.... Aren't boats awesome?

Comment

Is that shag carpet on the floor?! Hahaha! I believe that was Heffs first boat!

Comment

Pretty sure that boat sold at the Idaho Power and Century Link auction in Boise two years ago for around $5,000. There was another one just like it that sold also.

Comment

Sweet ride for sure. Thanks for posting pics. I’d look at more.

I love Day Cruisers. That Nordic is a cool looking one. That power set up sucks but, other than that, it looks to be in amazing shape. That gel coat is rad. I would love to see a wake boat done up like that. It’s kind of a lost art. **** Vale was one of the masters. He did many a hot boat in my neck of the woods back in the day. 10 color fades all day.

Many moons ago I was working on putting a deal together to sell Orion boats, which at the time was shooting for a crossover wake/hot boat set up. Big, crazy color gel coat, hot rod vdrives with towers and ballast and no windshields. Pretty cool boats really. Not sure what ever happened to them.
                    You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Ha! This is the very boat that started all of that dealership talk for me. It even parked in the exact spot I first saw and pulled over and talked to the guy.

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?p=464602

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                        Sweet ride for sure. Thanks for posting pics. I’d look at more.

I love Day Cruisers. That Nordic is a cool looking one. That power set up sucks but, other than that, it looks to be in amazing shape. That gel coat is rad. I would love to see a wake boat done up like that. It’s kind of a lost art. **** Vale was one of the masters. He did many a hot boat in my neck of the woods back in the day. 10 color fades all day.

Many moons ago I was working on putting a deal together to sell Orion boats, which at the time was shooting for a crossover wake/hot boat set up. Big, crazy color gel coat, hot rod vdrives with towers and ballast and no windshields. Pretty cool boats really. Not sure what ever happened to them.
                        I will try to pull it out form under the awning and do a few photos in some better light since you are the second to ask. The cover is out for repairs and it is raining so don't want to pull it out from under its awning spot. Have to come back to the shop tomorrow to work on my camper, hopefully the sun is shining.

You are totally correct on the power side. It LOOKS fast, but isn't really a fast boat. The fades are sweet on it and the vinyl pieces were done up to match. As I mentioned its mostly nice to get such a well preserved boat and an new owner that pretty much wants to spare no expense. This boat had a windshield at one point. Owner has made outside arrangements to have a new one made.

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
                          I am so thankful that I am not the only person who says that lol!

There is so much awesomeness in that boat! I would rock that thing with the biggest 80's stach I could grow :-)
                          You’re not the only one. Our version is slightly different though. We just say “Brown chicken, brown cow.” Perhaps that’s a west coast thing?

Comment

if it was a jetdrive you could sell it down here on the colorado for a premium....
                            2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
                            2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Originally posted by NICKYPOO View Post
                              You’re not the only one. Our version is slightly different though. We just say “Brown chicken, brown cow.” Perhaps that’s a west coast thing?
                              That's what happens when you mix a brown chicken with a brown cow. Brown chicken brown cow! I usually say it that way lol!
                              Oh Yeah!

Comment

Working...
                              X