Just picked up a 2001 Tige 22i Type R

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by rcampbell View Post
    Do you feel like you need more weight just in the back?

Sent from my KYOCERA-E6820 using Tapatalk
    Yes, I'll probably look at doing this. I'm a bit leery of adding too much based on the weight regulation plate on the boat stating the max weight recommended. I guess the new boats are built with higher sides so they can be weighted down and not risk sinking the boat, but I worry about pushing my boat too low in the water. I plan on using another fat sac toward the rear, surf side, to see what happens as I slowly add weight. I do wish I had automatic fills built in, but I'm a chicken about drilling into my hull to self plumb and too cheap to get it done by a shop.

Comment

D-drives typically don’t need any weight in the front for surfing since the motor is so far forward. If that were my boat, I’d get with Mike and have him order some custom sacs for those rear lockers that fill them up completely. It would be a very basic shape and probably cheaper than you might think. I would also design them for future plumbing as you will get sick of manually filling sacs. I understand the trepidation of drilling holes in a boat. Go out and count all the holes it already has in it. It’s way more than you think.
      You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Working...
      X