Fun little wakeboard ride for this old guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fun little wakeboard ride for this old guy

I built some confidence back and put together a good ride for my level. Lower back surgery was almost 2 years ago (October) and it has taken some time to recover not only physically but in my head too...

Boat is a 2006 Tige 24v, and I am comfortable with a smaller wake at this point. Half Taps, no ballast, 22mph, 2-off. The ride builds a little as it goes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KX-cdGtqHRc
    Last edited by malmz; 09-05-2017, 11:50 PM.
    --
    2006 24V on Lake Havasu

--
    2006 24V on Lake Havasu

Comment

Any one of my boys Wakesurfing the same boat. 40 gallons in each rear locker, human front ballast, full taps of course and a wedge. 10.7 mph on cruise.
      --
      2006 24V on Lake Havasu

Comment

10.7 is just a tad slow for a weighted 24V but maybe about right for only 350# of ballast in each locker and a surf apparatus, which I presume you mean by "wedge"?
        Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Very cool... have to ask how old are ya now!? Still ripping it up! Good stuff!

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
            10.7 is just a tad slow for a weighted 24V but maybe about right for only 350# of ballast in each locker and a surf apparatus, which I presume you mean by "wedge"?
            Eight.3 Shaper. Yea, the wife paid the bucks, I cringed a little, but is works effectively. Any faster and the face flattens and he can't toss the handle. He can hit the lip, at my 195 lbs I can just stand back there with no handle. More front ballast helps but we had extra bodies in the boat and didn't want to deal with the 400lb sac in the front. The back tanks are closer to 44 gallons and are blow molded so they are about 45lbs empty, so we are closer to 400# per locker, but yea, I am pretty much comfortable maxing out there on this boat.
            --
            2006 24V on Lake Havasu

Comment

Originally posted by h2osk8er00 View Post
              Very cool... have to ask how old are ya now!? Still ripping it up! Good stuff!
              The big five-oh is coming up too soon... Thanks, still have a few years of this sh%* left. Two years ago I thought I was done for good.
              --
              2006 24V on Lake Havasu

Comment

Factory hard tanks for a 24v would have been rated at 250#. Ill give them 10% over that leeway. Even at 400#, you are about 1/3rd p/side of ideal ballast for the 24V with a wake shaper.

If you get around to upgrades, pull the hard tanks and replace with something like the fly high W719 jumbo surf. Holds about 900 lbs in each rear locker.
                Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by malmz View Post
                  The big five-oh is coming up too soon... Thanks, still have a few years of this sh%* left. Two years ago I thought I was done for good.
                  That is a hell of a comeback and you are still young! I only party with the 50 year old peeps now-a-days because they know how to have a good time and still can get their boating on safely! Congrats on the recovery and thanks for the video! I miss my wakeboard but I don't.. lol.. not sure if I even pulled it down last year.... Def haven't this year either... maybe at the reunion but doubtful as I just enjoy surfing too much and fear that I could mess up my body trying to go big like I was in my teens/20s...

Comment

Little Joe Satriani! Waking with the alien
                    I'm in the same boat as you my friend, old enough it hurts, young enough I won't quit! I just really try to stay active, don't give your body a chance to take a set! Haha!

Comment

Working...
                    X