Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2018 R20

Howdy all.

New Texas Tigé owner and new member to the forums.

*edited to add photo*

TF

IMG_1073.jpg
    Last edited by TigerFan; 08-10-2017, 06:44 AM.

Contrast on the new boat! Definitely a great choice.

For pictures just insert then into the post with the top bar picture icon

Comment

Welcome! We are soon to be Texans ourselves! Congrats on the new boat! Pictures are a must!

Mike

Comment

question from a noob: when picking up the designated truck "park"er at the dock, do you nose in or back up to the dock and let them board the platform?

coming from the i/o world, we would always pick up with a quick bow roll and immediately back away.

TF

Comment

Originally posted by TigerFan View Post
          question from a noob: when picking up the designated truck "park"er at the dock, do you nose in or back up to the dock and let them board the platform?

coming from the i/o world, we would always pick up with a quick bow roll and immediately back away.

TF
          I am sure that there are people that do both. Much like you, we came from an I/O before getting our wakeboat and nosed into the dock for pickups. If we are picking up quite a few people, we will pull up and hold to boat so they can board from the side. If it is just one of two people boarding or your example, me coming back from parking the truck and trailer, we just nose in and then their foot hits the bow, slowly start backing.

If the landing is really busy to where someone is tied to the dock waiting for their "park"er to come back and a boat loading, and the water is warm, then we will back the boat into shallow water so we can wade out and hop on the platform. Generally speaking, if we enter from the water, we use the platform, if entering from the dock it is generally by the nose.
          "I think I am pretty smart for an idiot"

Comment

Welcome to the forum. Nice looing boat. Love the color and no graphics. Are you leaving it that way?

We load mostly from the front. Always remember to play the wind. Meaning if at all possible pull up to the dock into the wind or on the down wind side if he dock. That way the wind will not be forcing you into the dock. If you can tie up on the downwind side of the dock it will also keep the boat from rubbing as hard in the dock buoys.
            Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Thanks for all the tips.

We didn't care much for the 2017 graphics so we requested to leave them off. We hadn't seen the 2018 graphics when we ordered her.

The onyx/frost interior is very distinctive looking. A bit concerned over the hot Texas sun on the seats.

Comment

Its a great looking boat ! Congratulations! Send some pictures of the interior as we all like to see those as well.
                If you wanna know what I did , come with me next time...

Comment

Here's an interior shot. The onyx was not as hot as expected in the sun on Sunday.

[ATTACH]IMG_1077.jpg46652[/ATTACH]

Comment

Nice boat. So far I love my R20.

Comment

Great lookin boat , inside and out ! Enjoy
                      If you wanna know what I did , come with me next time...

Comment

From a safety perspective - I always pull the Starboard side of the boat to the dock to allow folks to board. Seen too many people "split" the boat and dock knocking head on dock or boat - and I rather spend my day on the lake vs. at ER for something stupid that can be prevented.

Comment

Oh yeah - and sharp looking boat! I dig the color scheme and zero graphics.

Comment

My wife is thinking we need some custom graphics on the sides.

Not looking for a full wrap, just something other than the stock R-model graphics.

Looking for some design ideas and ideas for a good place to get them printed.

May get the windshield tinted before spring.

-TF

Comment

Bump

Comment

Working...
                              X