A Request from 21V Rider's Edition Owners

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A Request from 21V Rider's Edition Owners

I have a somewhat of an odd request/favor for someone who has a 21V Rider's Edition.

The 21V Rider's Edition Decals on the side of my boat have seen better days. I was looking for a good image of an existing one so I can use it to create new decals in Adobe Illustrator and cut new ones on my vinyl cutter. Is there anyone that has one that is in good shape that they could take a shot of for me?

20170402_180935.jpg

I'll look at mine when I get home. Be carefull, you may end up making a bunch of these.

Comment

I appreciate it. Lol. If that is what it comes to, I will be okay with that.

Comment

013 copy.jpg

014 copy.jpg

015 copy.jpg

016 copy.jpg

Comment

Excellent! You are my hero. I'll throw these into Illustrator tonight and see what I can come up with.

Comment

I underestimated the difficulty of this, seemed simple. Should have known better. But, a few hours and some persistence, I think I got it.

Think this will pass?

Screen Shot 2017-04-05 at 8.11.25 PM.jpg

Comment

Looks good. Are they the original size?

Comment

Should be pretty close. I will have to get a measurement on my original to get it exact before cutting. Good thing about working in Illustrator is everything is scale-able without loosing any detail at this point. I am waiting on a shipment of some vinyl, I don't have any grey right now, so I won't be able to cut them until I get some vinyl. Hopefully by the end of the week.

Comment

Dang man that looks good....I'll have to throw ya some money to cut my registration numbers!!

Comment

Originally posted by BurnMac42 View Post
                    Dang man that looks good....I'll have to throw ya some money to cut my registration numbers!!
                    Thanks. Not a pro by any means, but give me some and I can usually figure it out. Reg Numbers should not a problem, just let me know.
                    Last edited by Yojax10; 04-06-2017, 10:52 PM.

Comment

Oooohhhh that's a good idea. Reg numbers that match that sticker. That would be cool. Sign me up.

Comment

Originally posted by UNSTUCK View Post
                        Oooohhhh that's a good idea. Reg numbers that match that sticker. That would be cool. Sign me up.
                        Oh, I was not thinking of that. I like that idea. The biggest problem I see with that is unless I can find a font similar to that, I would have to create my own font, which may be above my level of experience. Anyone know of a font that comes close? And if I were to pursue this, what would be the preference in font, a style like "21V" or more like the "Rider's Edition" except in caps?

Edit:

I think I found one that is close enough to pass. I'll throw a couple proof of concepts together tonight when I get off work.
                        Last edited by Yojax10; 04-07-2017, 02:00 PM.

Comment

UNSTUCK, what do you think about these?

Riders_Sample1.jpg

Riders_Sample2.jpg

Comment

Working...
                          X