New boat owner!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New boat owner!

Well, I couple of weeks ago I took the plunge and became a boat owner. It's a 2000 21v Riders Edition.
    I have already had it out twice in the two weeks I have owned it and am really enjoying it. Wish I would have done it sooner.
    I already have a long list of things I would like to do to make this boat my own, which means I am sure I will be asking many questions.

I believe the first thing I want to do is upgrade to a dual battery system and an onboard battery charger. I have a bit more research into this doing this, but I believe I have a good grasp on what is needed. For me, the current questions are where to locate these items. I am pretty good at using the search function but if anyone has a similar setup they would like to share, it would be much appreciated.

13920992_10207131589794843_8452095709207673130_n.jpg

Love the all white!!! Congrats on the boat, looks very sharp!!!!

Comment

Congrats Great Boat and looks to be on a new trailer and a new tower. That boat with that motor will run FOREVER just take care of it and have a blast.
      My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Looks great. From the pic it looks like it was well cared for. We love our 21v.
        2000 21V Fox Riders Edition
        2007 Chevy Duramax crew cab short bed

Comment

Enjoy!! We just have the dual battery set-up with a Perko selector switch, very basic, easy install!!...no on board charger. There are some more advanced options as far as the selector. I am sure someone will throw out some info.

Comment

Congratulations! We love our 21v as well. It's a great boat
            I'd rather be a conservative nut job than a liberal with no nuts and no job.

Comment

Hey, that boat looks awfully familiar

I just got finished installing dual batteries on mine about a month ago. It wasn't too bad of a job, just takes time to build all cables. I ran 00 from the house battery to the Blue Sea switch, and a 00 ground between batteries. Then the helm run and ACR wiring was all 4AWG since I had it (way overkill for my needs, but I'll never have to worry about voltage drop to the helm).

Comment

That's a great looking boat you got there

Comment

Nice boat!

Comment

Originally posted by BurnMac42 View Post
                    That's a great looking boat you got there
                    Thanks a lot! If I am not mistaken, it looks almost identical to one you had.

Comment

Originally posted by Peadad1 View Post
                      Hey, that boat looks awfully familiar

I just got finished installing dual batteries on mine about a month ago. It wasn't too bad of a job, just takes time to build all cables. I ran 00 from the house battery to the Blue Sea switch, and a 00 ground between batteries. Then the helm run and ACR wiring was all 4AWG since I had it (way overkill for my needs, but I'll never have to worry about voltage drop to the helm).
                      Yeah, I am pretty sure I have a good idea of what I need to do. Just trying to figure out where to place things. Also from what I have read is that I need to watch how I wire the ACR? If I ever plan to install an onboard charger, which I do.

Comment

Yep, just wire the ACR on the load side of the switch rather than the battery side, and only use the tender with the switch off.

I just turned my TAPS pump 90 degrees and moved it all the way to the outboard side by using a new piece of star board, then bolt the house battery box in where the TAPS pump was.

Comment

Clean boat man I've got same year 21v limited. 2nd battery set up definitely good start. Mine had one set up starboard rear locker but ended up moving behind the back locker wall after moving around a few things. Perfect Pass, 3k lb ballast, 1433 acme prop, and some odd end stuff has really made me enjoy my boat 100x more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Thanks. I am very happy with it. I actually just purchsed my first wakesurf board today, hoping to get it before next outing. I lucked out and already have the PP, ballast and prop (not sure which one, BurnMac42 would have to chime in), so the second battery just seems like the next thing to add. I think the direction I am going to go is moving the TAPS motor, moving the starter battery there behind starboard locker and putting the deep cycle (maybe two, if they will fit) behind port side locker. For the switch, acr & charger I am thinking mounting on the false wall on starboard rear locker, I just don't know if that will end up making in a PITA in getting to that starter battery.

Comment

Congrats! Good looking boat! I'm sure you have a well maintained boat there by Burnmac!

Comment

Working...
                              X