FIRST TRIP OF THE YEAR!! WATER TEMP 62*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FIRST TRIP OF THE YEAR!! WATER TEMP 62*

IMG_2194.jpgFullSizeRender(1).jpgIMG_2198.jpgIMG_0754.jpgIMG_0756.jpgIMG_0806.jpgIMG_0794.jpgIMG_0814.jpgIMG_0818.jpgIMG_0826.jpg

awesome my first day out too, but I gotta one up you.... 57 deg. kids went wakeboarding and I surfed. nice to be out so early.

Comment

How is the DIY wake shaper working? I noticed that you made it a bit smaller then the Ronix one so that it fits in the groove near the transom. Wondered if you had positive results and if you had any before and after pics of your wave.

Comment

Originally posted by dukesofhazzard View Post
        awesome my first day out too, but I gotta one up you.... 57 deg. kids went wakeboarding and I surfed. nice to be out so early.
        Yea you home beat. I can't take those water temps. Haha. The kids worked on a little surfing though.

Comment

image.jpg
          Originally posted by jbgp1200 View Post
          How is the DIY wake shaper working? I noticed that you made it a bit smaller then the Ronix one so that it fits in the groove near the transom. Wondered if you had positive results and if you had any before and after pics of your wave.
          Top pic is before and bottom is after. I saw. Positive result. Was running 11-11.8 mph to keep the wave clean. With the wedge I had to slow to 9.8-10.2 to clean it up. All combined it seemed to make the wave steeper and brought the back of it around quite a bit. The pics really don't tell the same tale as seeing it in real life.

Comment

I can see the difference. I'm working on one myself. Having never worked with fiber glass I opted for plastic and rivets. Now just need to make a spacer to mount it.

Were you running even weight here?
            Last edited by jbgp1200; 04-18-2016, 05:37 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by jbgp1200 View Post
              Were you running even weight here?
              I was not completely even on weight. Before pic is has about 600 pounds ballast and people all on the surf side. After pic is 450 I each rear locker with one adult and two kids on surf side. I also added two 31 series batteries in the port locker for the stereo recently. I did have the people move to the other side to help even out the weight but it washed the wave out. The wedge still pushed the wake to the sure side but it just wasn't clean. Word of advice if your building one. I don't believe mine is wide, steep enough. I will continue testing though.
              Last edited by Ditch Doctor; 04-18-2016, 08:40 PM.

Comment

I was wondering on the width. It sure made for a cleaner install though. Almost seamless with the velrco on just the white. I'm now trying to figure out the spacer for this. I have some 1/2 plastic I may glue together to make a spacer much like the Ronix version.

IMG_5699.jpgIMG_6030.jpg

Comment

Working...
                X