First Time out with perfect pass installed and more ballast

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I feel like the wake is still short, let me know what you guys think, I also threw in a couple pics of the boat finished in the water.

What kind of weight were you running and speed/TAPS? Boat is a 22v?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Yea 22v, I was running a 400 rear locker, 750 the seat behind driver, and a 400 on the front seat plus 5 people including myself, I was playing with perfect pass between 10.5 and 11 seemed to work well and taps around 2

Comment

what engine? and did boat have factory tige speedset?

Comment

Id put the 750 on the aft locker and the 400 in the seat. 400 up front. TAPS about 4 and speed up a shade.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

No it didn't have factor speedset I just installed the newest model stargazer, motor is a 350 merc mpi, I have ran the 750 in the rear corner but it won't fill 100% that compartment is not the biggest due to the fast tank in the rear. I'll try and run them the other way next weekend and see what I get out of it.

Comment

the best part is it's you and four chicks!! nice work

Comment

def get as much in that rear corn as you can and through the 400 on the seat, seems all tiges like it in the rear... the ballast of course. 22v's get that rub rail down to the water and you'll be money. I run anywhere between 11-12 taps 3-5 run 400 horseshoe in the front. I pretty much have given up on opp. side weight as seems to wash out the wave. But gotta have atleast that 400 up front. Faster will get you longer as well as the bow weight.

Comment

I have the same boat. 750 in the port corner, 200? Lbs under the port seat, 5 kids and 2 adults gets me almost there. I had it pretty good last yr at grand lake but have not been able to dial it this year yet for me. My kids can surf all day on the wave but I suck or the wake isn't big enough for me. I need a few heavy people in the boat I can move around.

Also, what prop are you running? I had to re-prop coming up from sea level

Comment

This answers my last question of any new pics.. Looks great man! I love our older birds man! Great boats/tanks! You did an awesome job.. One day I would love to do that.. Good louck with the wave.. I have a pretty amazing wake in my 2001 2100V that I wouldn't trade for the world...

Comment

Dmax1 yes the gas tank being where it is in these boats is deffintly in the way of putting big wieght in the back corners .
                      I was playing around with a 250? Sac stuffed in behind the seat in the back locker with the 750 filled as full as I can get it as well it's a pain but might be what we have to do in our older boats ours is a 97 2200

Comment

Thanks for all the replies and complements, I'm currently running the biggest prop I can witch is all hole shot no top end, I did the prop after this post, didn't get to mess with it a whole lot before I put it away for winter. Has anyone messed with this new wake shaper from ronix on the older style tige's?

Comment

The Ronix skate ramp? I think theres a few tid bits of info round here.
                          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Chpthril, yes the skate ramp, have you heard anything about it on older tige's? I don't really care for the big Velcro strips on the boat but i think it's better the drilling into the boat

Comment

Working...
                            X