Just a day out on the water...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a day out on the water...

Had some friends out, first day surfing, nothing too crazy.

https://youtu.be/r4nOz1vufYg
    Last edited by killerbren; 07-18-2015, 05:43 PM.

Comment

Nice video, great times with the family.

I'm no surfing expert, been doing it off and on for 10 years but don't do anything fancy.. so take this with that in mind.

To be able to drop the rope it's about balance, and smaller movements. For me, while I was on the wake, it was more a feeling of sliding my feet under my body back and forward (ie. sliding them back puts more weight forward, and so on). An when I mean sliding, I don't mean on the board, just moving your center of gravity just a bit... not too much or the nose will dig in. It's kind of a weird feeling, but it's about balance and finding the sweet spot with small moves. Of course later on it's bigger moves to do tricks, etc...

Comment

Originally posted by ericinmich View Post
        Nice video, great times with the family.

I'm no surfing expert, been doing it off and on for 10 years but don't do anything fancy.. so take this with that in mind.

To be able to drop the rope it's about balance, and smaller movements. For me, while I was on the wake, it was more a feeling of sliding my feet under my body back and forward (ie. sliding them back puts more weight forward, and so on). An when I mean sliding, I don't mean on the board, just moving your center of gravity just a bit... not too much or the nose will dig in. It's kind of a weird feeling, but it's about balance and finding the sweet spot with small moves. Of course later on it's bigger moves to do tricks, etc...
        Yeah, I agree with you on the weight transfer thing. Everyone in that video is surfing for the first time (that day) and they aren't on the best board either. Since then I got a IS red rocket and wow what a difference the board makes.

Comment

Working...
        X