New Garage Door for my Z1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Garage Door for my Z1

Just finished re-framing the garage for an 8' door. My Z1 is ready to come out of the rain.
    Attached Files

Does the water pool up on your cover using the tower strap? I find mine is terrible. I have to use the pole on the inside.

I actually think my 2013 cover has the hook attachment installed in the wrong place. It is way back along the back seat. I can't tell from this image where yours is. When I install the pole, it is on the floor up against the rear step seat.

Comment

Originally posted by Clug Z1 View Post
      Just finished re-framing the garage for an 8' door. My Z1 is ready to come out of the rain.
      #priorities!! Like the way you think! Nice work. Now if you could just get a 10Ft door in, there would be no need to fold tower!

Comment

I don't use the pole and the only place I get water pooling up is around the tower pockets. The pole would not fix that problem if I installed it. The loop is about 1 foot behind the tower tow point. If I did install the pole it would be in the middle of the floor. My wife was upset, but I convinced her to put the new door in so we could store the boat inside.

Comment

probably one of the best and most overlooked items for covers if you ask me. we make it a standard install item for all the covers we make.

love the color combo on your boat too!

http://www.vicomarine.com/
          2011 Tigé RZ4
          www.re-viveupholstery.com

Comment

How tall is the Z1 with the tower down?

Comment

Here is what mine does in the rain. Sorry for the blurry pic.

The pole solves all the issues. It needs to be quite high though... probably 4 feet.

Mine with the tower down (and Boatmate trailer) is 75" as measured at the highest point (the windshield) However that is a bit of a misdirection depending on the driveway. Mine is quite steep, so the tower actually gets closer to the door since it is right above the wheels. The front end dips down and the tower tips up as the truck pulls it lower down the driveway. (if that makes sense). My garage door opening is 82" and it takes all of that. So go with 82".
              Last edited by JohnnieMo; 07-08-2015, 04:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
                How tall is the Z1 with the tower down?
                Mine is 7' 4" with tower down.

Comment

Originally posted by Clug Z1 View Post
                  Mine is 7' 4" with tower down.
                  Just for comparison's sake, how far is the bottom of your prop off the ground? How far from the prop guard? It looks like your trailer is quite a bit different than mine.

ps - your boat looks great. I like the accent green.

Comment

Clug Z1
                    Even just looking at your boat on the trailer, it looks like it sits higher on the bunks, compared to other boats.

Boatmate?

Comment

We did the same garage door modification. The things we do for our boats! BTW our 2015 Z1 is 7 ft 4 in. The high spot is the folded tower. It's slightly higher than the windshield.

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
                        Clug Z1
                        Even just looking at your boat on the trailer, it looks like it sits higher on the bunks, compared to other boats.

Boatmate?
                        Yes it is a Boatmate trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Z1owner View Post
                          We did the same garage door modification. The things we do for our boats! BTW our 2015 Z1 is 7 ft 4 in. The high spot is the folded tower. It's slightly higher than the windshield.
                          That is the exact same on our Z1 The tips of the Alpha Z tower stick up.

Comment

Originally posted by JohnnieMo View Post
                            Just for comparison's sake, how far is the bottom of your prop off the ground? How far from the prop guard? It looks like your trailer is quite a bit different than mine.

ps - your boat looks great. I like the accent green.
                            The prop is 12" and the prop guard is 9".Tige T.jpgTige Z.jpg

Comment

looks right to me, for a trailer with larger diameter wheels. The bunk supports are longer because the hull won't fit between the fenders due to the upgraded wheels. I had to fit mine in a 84" door, so that was the primary reason for not blinging out our trailer.
                              2013 Z3 - Electric blue and black

Comment

Working...
                              X