No announcement yet.

HUGE OOPPPSSS ON THE HIGHWAY

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My fear when towing with the cover off at any kind of speed is losing a seat. There's a fair amount of lift created by the windshield redirecting the air up and over (venturi, don'cha know ) and more than once I've found seats rearranged in the passenger compartment when I get to the ramp or home. I find them on the floor, sitting partially on the seat next to them, etc. Once they're moving around like that, it wouldn't take much to lift one over the rear seatback... and then it's totally chance if I even notice it departing.
    Last edited by IDBoating; 07-07-2015, 11:19 PM.

Comment

Cover off all the time when towing! Hate the marks it will leave more then the removal of bugs. I use the WS speaker covers and wipe bugs off tower and racks with hot sauce or shamois. Don't tow after dark and they get less bugs also.

Comment

Wow, the wake on that Nautique seems small in that pic. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by SBM1234 View Post
          Wow, the wake on that Nautique seems small in that pic. LOL
          Lol
          "Failing to prepare is preparing to fail" John Wooden- Rest in Peace

Comment

Man that is either a terrible start or end of a trip. Oh and I tow with the cover on. Most of my vacations I pull the boat over 500-800 miles each way and can get all kinds of weather, the cover keeps me from spending a couple of hours cleaning. An hour with a polisher removes the rub marks from the cover.

Comment

I tow with the cover on - I use soft seat belt covers (with velcro) around the straps where they touch the boat, and zip tie them to stay in place... only the soft seat belt portion touches the boat. http://www.amazon.com/Bell-Automotiv...bs_318324011_1
              Last edited by D&P Powell; 07-06-2015, 09:47 PM.

Comment

Boy, I really hijacked this thread!

Comment

Man by the looks of that pic the drought is worse than I thought.
                  Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Originally posted by dakota4ce View Post
                    Man by the looks of that pic the drought is worse than I thought.
                    Best response yet!

Comment

WAboat, bernouliis Principal now that is something I haven't read in probably ten years. What do you fly?
                      My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Originally posted by Thegerman618 View Post
                        WAboat, bernouliis Principal now that is something I haven't read in probably ten years. What do you fly?
                        Nothing, I'm not a pilot. But Bournoulli's Principle applies to a lot of things. (And if you really want to pick nits, Bournoulli's Principle is NOT why an airplane wing has lift! )

Comment

Originally posted by Thegerman618 View Post
                          Lol that was my thought too

Comment

Originally posted by WABoating View Post
                            Nothing, I'm not a pilot. But Bournoulli's Principle applies to a lot of things. (And if you really want to pick nits, Bournoulli's Principle is NOT why an airplane wing has lift! )
                            Okay Okay, getting a little beat up for that comment While the principal is not directly responsible for why a wing has lift. The principal does reflect how air travels over or around a wing or any object. However, I only learned it from flying so I automatically associate it with airplanes. Thank you for correcting me
                            My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

Working...
                            X