New-To-Me '07 24ve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New-To-Me '07 24ve

I just arrived home this morning from a long road trip to pick up our new boat. It arrived the same day our '02 MC xstar departed with its new owner. Our 2007 24ve has 88 hours on it and looks exactly like you would expect a boat with 88 hours to look, nearly mint. Also has factory ballast, rankin cover and samson tower with Samson tower speakers. Paid 38K for it and the only downside is the trailer - yellow as yellow can be with rust on the fenders. The trailer is a DHM, as you can see, and I guess there was a mistake made at the DHM factory as the fenders started rusting when the trailer was only a year old. The yellow is exactly the excuse I need to tear the trailer down and paint it. Eventhough my garage is 32 feet lot, I can only fit the boat in there if the swim deck is off. We are going out to the lake tomorrow for a run, waiting on some extra ballast for surfing, but I am going to go for a ski and wakeboard. Note the trailer bow roller has no security lock on it and up here that is mandatory. What device could I use on the DHM to lock the boat to the trailer (other than a chain that I hastily used to make it legal here). Happy new Tige owners.My Toy.jpgweb boat.jpg
    Last edited by Zad; 05-18-2015, 01:44 AM.

Nice find!! Where is that lake at? Beautiful!!

Comment

Just outside Salem Oregon...photo came from previous owner.

Comment

Good looking boat. Congrats!

Comment

Dang nice boat!! Great find and Happy boating

Comment

Incredible! Thanks for the pictures.
            Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Just going through the boat and it is in better shape than I thought. The plastic film on the tranny label plate (ZF 45 IV) was still on as is the plastic film on the stereo face plate. Fluids are clear, hasn't been run much at all since last change. Steering cable has been replaced and run over the fuel tank so good to go there. All pumps, gauges and bilge work. One tower light is out (and I even paid the shop that did the pre purchase inspection to fix that...grrr) and the leash for the rubber cap for the aux input on the dash is broken. And the tranny was overfilled with ATF. That is all I can find for deficiencies. The hull is 100% perfect, not one ding whatsoever. I have personally never owned a used boat that was in such good shape. It even came with all the original paperwork and Tige canvas cases. Very impressed with prior owners care. My last boat, 02 MC xstar was also low hours but a complete mess in comparison. What is strange to me, is that this boat had been on the market for 2 years priced at 49K and while the owner had a couple nibbles no one bit. I took a gamble and offered 37K and we settled at 38K. However, I live in Canada so by the time I paid the exchange difference and taxes I was up to 51K Canadian, still about 5K less than what I would have paid locally.inside2.jpginside3.jpginside1.jpg

Comment

How was the experience importing the boat into Canada? I looked briefly in the States, but was wary of that. Which lake in Canada are you going to use it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by CoreyZ1 View Post
                  How was the experience importing the boat into Canada? I looked briefly in the States, but was wary of that. Which lake in Canada are you going to use it?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
                  I was wondering the same thing about how it was importing and if you really think it was worth it. I looked for a LONG time in the US and the numbers really didnt make it worth the extra hassle. And that was when the dollar was doing a lot better. Lots of decent deals in Canada right now. Takes some looking, but they're out there.

Nice boat though, and looks to be in great shape. Any plans for added ballast or other upgrades?

Comment

This is my third boat importing from the US to Canada and it is easy. For this boat I was at the border for 30 minutes. Keys to ease: have titles to both boat and trailer. Consider taking a pass on boats from a non-title state. I did it once and it worked out but it was a bit of a hassle. Have bills of sales for both trailer and boat. Make copies of the ad for the boat from online and copies of all email transactions between you and seller. Make a copy of the wire transfer or cashiers check or bank draft as proof of payment. Lastly, tell the truth on how much you paid for the boat and pay the taxes on that amount. Do these things and you will have an easy and fast importation. Once in country you need to pay the RIV fee (the border agent will give you the form at the border), then take the RIV form after online payment to the insurance place and get your insurance. Done. Even with the exchange this boat was worth it only because he accepted what we were willing to pay given the exchange and the border taxes. It is easy and I would not hesitate to do it again. NOTE: If you read the Govt website they say you need to give the border 72 hours notice before bringing a vehicle across. This does NOT apply to boats, as the trailer is all they are interested in and it does not have a motor. Just have your stuff all together and show up at the border.

Just got back from the lake, 52 degrees water and 65 air. With the wetsuit, it felt good to get into the water. Before buying a new boat one of the criteria I was hoping to meet was to have a good platform for both surfing and skiing. Two boats ago I and a MC prostar 205 and while the 24ve is no match the 24 footer was very skiable. We are in BC and today was skiing on Moyie Lake near Cranbrook. I couldn't be more happy with this boat as I know it will also surf well too.

ski today.jpg
                    Last edited by Zad; 05-18-2015, 01:58 AM.

Comment

Perhaps you already know to do this--with as low hours as you have for an 07, you would be well served to disassemble and clean out the front of the fuel system. Mine ran great for a while, then one day would not start (2006 with 128 hrs). It sputtered but would not run--fuel issues.

I was told to clean or punch out the anti-siphon valve ball found in the 90 elbow of the fuel pickup screwed into the tank. I then took down the high pressure pump and replaced the filter element in that. Flushed all lines, inspected, made sure the low pressure pump power wires were firmly attached. I am not sure what was wrong, but it started right up. The filter was pretty dirty, and I punched out the ball anti-siphon valve. I am guessing my problem was there.

Pretty sure sitting a lot can cause problems such as these.

Awesome boat, love it!

Congrats on a great find.
                      Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Hey, thanks for the tip...did not know that. Do you know of a thread that goes through this process?

Originally posted by dakota4ce View Post
                        Perhaps you already know to do this--with as low hours as you have for an 07, you would be well served to disassemble and clean out the front of the fuel system. Mine ran great for a while, then one day would not start (2006 with 128 hrs). It sputtered but would not run--fuel issues.

I was told to clean or punch out the anti-siphon valve ball found in the 90 elbow of the fuel pickup screwed into the tank. I then took down the high pressure pump and replaced the filter element in that. Flushed all lines, inspected, made sure the low pressure pump power wires were firmly attached. I am not sure what was wrong, but it started right up. The filter was pretty dirty, and I punched out the ball anti-siphon valve. I am guessing my problem was there.

Pretty sure sitting a lot can cause problems such as these.

Awesome boat, love it!

Congrats on a great find.

Comment

Great looking boat!! I haven't skied behind my 22ve yet, but if it can be done behind the 24 I'll be set. Love the looks of your boat, enjoy!
                          "Charlie don't surf"

Comment

Working...
                          X