Direct Drive Surf Wave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Direct Drive Surf Wave

Well, after months of research I built a vertical tab that mounts to the swim step. Loaded the boat down with 1450lbs of ballast (equally weighted) and this is what I got. Promise the wave looks much better on glass, winds were 25+ and this was driving straight into it. (Sorry no pics of surfing, water was brisk 52 degrees).IMG_0393.jpgIMG_0398.jpgIMG_0399.jpgIMG_0400.jpg
    Last edited by Thegerman618; 04-07-2015, 04:49 AM.
    My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Have you photos of what you actually did?
    Every Day POETS day - Piss Off Early, Today we Ski

Comment

I do, I will upload them ASAP I am on my 3 revision of a surf tab. I will show what I started with and where I am now.
      My life's journey is not ending up looking pretty, its sliding in broadside, used up, worn out, screaming "What a Ride"

Comment

image.jpg. Here is the tab I built I need to make few more modifications to it but works pretty well

Comment

We did this on our old 2002 MC xstar and the wake went from anemic (still rideable) to a mini monster with lots of push and a long pocket. We just sold our xstar and bought an 07 24ve and I am curious to see if we will need to do something like this again.

Comment

Haha just sold the centurion and bought a 06 24ve, they are surf monsters just weight them down, no DIY surf tabs needed

Comment

Zad. I have aan 07 24ve and it will make a great wave without the need for anything other than weight in the rear surf side corner. The more the better. There are plenty of posts and threads here on how to weight it.
              Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Agreed^^^^

Comment

how did you attach it? how much angel does it have? I am going to try and build one this week. I am going to make a foam model then 3D print the final model

Comment

Sorry for the delay goodtimes, this is my old boat she has a happy new owner now. As for what I did (been a while going of my memory). The angle was right at 23 degrees off center. The tab was 22" long and 17" wide. I bought a self threading hook like you would use to hang a bike and put it just forward of center on the tab and ran a ratchet strap to the transom tie down. This was an early prototype that I have pictured, the completed model had a lip on the top of the tab at 45 degrees to deflect any water trying to pass over the top of the plate and a few other little things I was playing with before I sold it. I never had issues with it other than after a day of surfing it became pretty water logged and heavy. It was kind of a pain, no where to store it when not in use and my design was not reversible to the regular side. But it did take a flat bottom boat for skiing and made a surfable wave (wireless). It took a lot of weight placed just right, to work but once it was there the wave would clean up nicely. I'll see if I can dig up some old GoPro picture of the wave at its best.

Ahhhh getting a little nostalgia looking at that old boat.

Comment

It's so funny just over a year ago, I had this wave and I still remember the first trial thinking its massive and getting all giddy about it.image.jpg
                      Then 3 months later I had this wave thinking it should be bigger! LOL perspective
                      image.jpg

Comment

Working...
                      X