• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New toy for the tige

Shot this on a DJI Phantom Vision Plus.

http://vimeo.com/115234824

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pretty cool video. Water looked GREEN. With that glass and no other boats you should have been taking a pull or surfing

Comment

Nice video. The green really stands out from the air. I know the water is green when I am at lake level but the color really stands out from the air.

I am jealous. Today was an awesome day and I was behind a computer screen all day.

Comment

New toy for the tige

It was a quick maintenance run so didn't bring the boards.

You can't see your hand 6 inches into the water at elsinore. They have an aeration system that really gets the algae going....supposedly clean though. Couldn't beat the conditions

Comment

I can't believe how stable the video is. What camera are you using?

Does the video downlink in realtime or do you just 'hope' for good video angles when you download it later?

I've worked in the unmanned vehicle industry for 15 years and I've sadly never once flown one myself. Maybe time to get doing this stuff.

Sent from my Passport

Comment

The camera is stabilized on a 3 axis gimbal. The camera shoots 1080p at 30fps but not as nice quality as a go pro. There's a video downlink that gives you a live view of what your filming on your iPhone. The drone also transmits real time telemetry. The whole system comes read to fly out of the box.

Comment

Dude totally sweet--I just won one of these for a sales promotion contest with my company. I should get delivery sometime in January! Your video makes me super excited! How long have you been flying it to develop your skills at speed like that?
              Time flies like an arrow; fruit flies like bananas!

Comment

Originally posted by gkjunk757 View Post
                It was a quick maintenance run so didn't bring the boards.

You can't see your hand 6 inches into the water at elsinore. They have an aeration system that really gets the algae going....supposedly clean though. Couldn't beat the conditions

Awesome video! Gotta love the Elsinore visibility! I love the local lakes this time of year, get the whole place to yourself.
                Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Hopefully ill be heading out there the day after christmas. Our local spot is shut down, Marine Stadium, due to a sewage spill. It'll be nice to dunk the boat in fresh water plus I'm sure Elsinore is cleaner than **** water right now, literally! That glowing green stuff thats usually at the launch ramp isn't too inviting though haha.

Comment

Those things are so awesome. Super easy to fly and it makes it really easy for the average Joe to get really cool video.

I have the older version of the Phantom without the vision camera but I have a gopro for it and love flying it. That inspires me to get it out on the boat!

Comment

New toy for the tige

I've had it for about a month. Really easy to fly...gps allows you to let go of the controls and have it hold position. Always good to have some back up skills flying in non-gps mode in case the sensor goes bad or you lose satellites. It's a pretty cool and expensive toy that probably doesn't float too well...flying over water is nerve racking but the shots are nice.

Elsinore was glass that day. They had the aeration system turned off so it really had that radioactive green tint going. I've heard good things about marine stadium...just can't work up the courage to put her in salt water.

Regular surfing has been filling the off season time. Surf in Orange County has been pretty consistent for a few weeks now.

Comment

I've had it for about a month. Really easy to fly...gps allows you to let go of the controls and have it hold position. Always good to have some back up skills flying in non-gps mode in case the sensor goes bad or you lose satellites. It's a pretty cool and expensive toy that probably doesn't float too well...flying over water is nerve racking but the shots are nice.

Elsinore was glass that day. They had the aeration system turned off so it really had that radioactive green tint going. I've heard good things about marine stadium...just can't work up the courage to put her in salt water.

Regular surfing has been filling the off season time. Surf in Orange County has been pretty consistent for a few weeks now.

Yep thats why I sacked up and went with a salt series boat this time around. Nothing really beats the stadium on a daily basis. During the week, you can be the only boat out all day, in 85 degree weather, in the summer. Weekends in the summer are a joke though. The best part, I can leave my house and be in the water in 20-30 min. Elsinore is at least 1.5 hours away on a good day.

What i did with the old tige, in its later years in life, as well as the new boat, I fill my old fat sac in the bed of my truck with fresh water. I have an electric pump that I use with one of those shrinkable hoses things and rinse off the trailer right after I launch the boat and after I load the boat back up. Along with my painted over galvanized trailer, I think I'm set.

When I head a regular boat, I NEVER had a problem running salt through the engine, but I ran salt away through it after ever session. I logged about 450 hrs on the tige in salt water and it never let me down.

Comment

Shot this on a DJI Phantom Vision Plus.

http://vimeo.com/115234824

Awesome, I just bought a DJI P2V+ at the LA Drone show a couple of weekends back. Bought it to use for filming boarding and surfing behind the boat. That will be a little nerve racking. Thinking about bolting on one the getterback pole retrieval systems.

Finally got it home and while testing it out in the backyard "I'm just gonna make sure it goes up and down (before taking it to the big huge open grass field two blocks from my house) and I got all excited and smacked into the chimney of my outdoor fireplace. Messed up the gimbal. But the next day I did go the practice field and flew through my four batteries. I already sent it off to a guy in Ft. Brag to have it repaired and upgraded a little!!

I definitely need some more practice time prior to taking it out on the boats.

Cant wait til this summer!!
                          Sent by the random thoughts from the voices in my head... Eric

Comment

Originally posted by EricU View Post
                            Awesome, I just bought a DJI P2V+ at the LA Drone show a couple of weekends back. Bought it to use for filming boarding and surfing behind the boat. That will be a little nerve racking. Thinking about bolting on one the getterback pole retrieval systems.

Finally got it home and while testing it out in the backyard "I'm just gonna make sure it goes up and down (before taking it to the big huge open grass field two blocks from my house) and I got all excited and smacked into the chimney of my outdoor fireplace. Messed up the gimbal. But the next day I did go the practice field and flew through my four batteries. I already sent it off to a guy in Ft. Brag to have it repaired and upgraded a little!!

I definitely need some more practice time prior to taking it out on the boats.

Cant wait til this summer!!
                            Nice! Too bad about the crash but you're lucky you still have it to repair. The forums make flyaways sound really common. Just like this group has helped out with all things tige, spend some time on phantompilots forum and join the DJ phantom vision pilots Facebook page. Helped me out a lot! Good luck

Comment

Working...
                            X