It's not over until it is quite a bit colder! Join in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not over until it is quite a bit colder! Join in

image.jpgWe are new to the inboard world. Upgraded from an I/O Deck to a Brand New Used '05 22V this year. Still dialing it in and learning much from the post here on the Tige Owners site.

Brs68 welcome to the site, and good job on having a pic in the first post. We like pics around here.

Comment

Wahoo! Congratulations! Long live the V! Interesting it a 22Ve trailer and its a 22V boat. Looks clean!
      Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

All I want to do is ride the wave. Working on dialing in... Taps set at 4.5, Speed 9 (no SpeedPass), Ballast 400 (I think) on rider side (automated), boat loaded with awesome family & good friends (adjusting to focus wave on rider's side). Recently changed to Acme 1433 (thank you unmarked hazard at Lake LBJ & and a real thank you to Nettles!). That's me on our Ronix Duke 5'5". Yes a big boy can surf!image.jpg. Now to make that wake a bit longer...

Comment

Thanks gwhite94. I agree pics tell the story much better than words.

Comment

Stingreye, We love the V. Hit right in our price point, super clean and drops a pretty clean wake as is. I wasn't sure what to think about the trailer being a VE. Just gave it a really hard once over as it is a Dorsey and I am a bit skiddish after all the nightmare post I have read. It is pretty clean also. Just need to change one bunk and I'm good to go.

Comment

Welcome to the site and great boat! Good to see a fellow owner in Lubbock!!!

Comment

Originally posted by jmhatchett View Post
                Welcome to the site and great boat! Good to see a fellow owner in Lubbock!!!
                Sun's up, Guns Up! We will be there Labor Day weekend. At the Lake all we can and at the Game Saturday night. Look for the Red, White and Blue and pull us over for a swim. Heck you can't burn gas the whole time, can you?

Comment

No, we have a house there at the lake so we can go anytime and cruise or ride but busy weekends we usually just park the whole time and "swim".
                  We will most likely be out there unless something comes up. Hope to see ya out there.

Comment

Long Live the V!!

Congrats - good looking boat! Another WEST TEXAS Tige owner! We will probably be out at AH for a day this weekend - Blue and black 22v!

How do you have it weighted currently?

Comment

Originally posted by jslayde1 View Post
                      Long Live the V!!

Congrats - good looking boat! Another WEST TEXAS Tige owner! We will probably be out at AH for a day this weekend - Blue and black 22v!

How do you have it weighted currently?
                      Identical bags in the port and starboard rear lockers. I'm not sure on the weight, but I think around 400#. As for the rest of the weight, you might say we are hauling A__!

Comment

Originally posted by jmhatchett View Post
                        No, we have a house there at the lake so we can go anytime and cruise or ride but busy weekends we usually just park the whole time and "swim".
                        We will most likely be out there unless something comes up. Hope to see ya out there.
                        Cool, we will be on the lookout. Probably bringing the RV down and camping. Usually tie up and swim quite a bit. Sometimes in one of the two big coves, occasionally with friends at Oak Canyon docks. Probably will be with my brother in his brend new used Hurricane Deck (Ha, kept it in the family). Hope to see you too.

Comment

Originally posted by Brs68 View Post
                          Identical bags in the port and starboard rear lockers. I'm not sure on the weight, but I think around 400#. As for the rest of the weight, you might say we are hauling A__!
                          Well we might just have to check that out! ha ha. Wave looks pretty good from that angle.

I run Aprox 1600 in the surf side rear and 800 front - speed somewhere around 11.6 (no gps). Makes a nice long wave!!

Comment

Originally posted by jslayde1 View Post
                            Well we might just have to check that out! ha ha. Wave looks pretty good from that angle.

I run Aprox 1600 in the surf side rear and 800 front - speed somewhere around 11.6 (no gps). Makes a nice long wave!!
                            Not knowing was killing me so I called service at Waterski America and found out they are 550# each. So far we have learned that filling one builds a better wake for our crew. Till we learn more...

Comment

Brs68, If we go to AH then we usually go to the main party cove or to the beach kind of depending how much traffic is out, if it gets too crowded the cove is starting to get so shallow and trees everywhere that we are going more to the beach when there are a bunch of us that are out on all of the boats, a couple of years ago we tied up 60-70 boats all together in that cove plus every other boat that was there that wasnt with us, but now that its so low we are loosing real estate and depth and making anchoring and tying up more worrisome than it is worth. The main downfall of the beach is that it is clay and muddy so the boats can get dirty inside, nothing laying a few towels down cant fix though. Also, the beach is so sloped that when we do beach our boats there are no worries of the tracking fins or prop/rudder touching ground... at about 2 feet into the water it is already waist high or higher.

I know my boat is different from yalls, but My surf set up is the factory tanks plus surf bags under seats and lockers on each side so 1000 pounds on each side plus the front bag always full. It throws a great wave and is more than enough for us. Our primary is wakeboarding and thats where we spend more time.

Comment

Working...
                              X