Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hosted my first Tigeowner

Hey guys!

Couple weeks ago another owner on here CDAWaves was visiting Southern California. We bought our boats (my 2004 24V and his 2005 24V) last year and have swapped emails family pictures etc this past year with our Tige's.

His family was out visiting and we were going to have both our families out on the boat and get some wakesurfing in.

Of course it ended up being March 2nd and which was one of the days that mother nature decided to break one of the longest droughts we have had. Our better halves wisely decided to forego the boat trip but CDAWaves and my buddy Russ ignored the wet weather and got a surf session in.

Between my boards and Russ's boards we loaded up a quiver for CDAWaves of 7 wakesurf boards.

boards.jpg

As we launched, it still wasn't raining much but it started raining pretty hard. We had a great time and to be honest, I would rather surf in the rain than the wind.

Here is a pic of the wave and Derek riding but I modified the pic since I didn't get his permission to toss pics of him up:

Derek incognito.jpg

We had an absolute blast! Hope to have CDAWaves's family out in better weather sometime and hope my family can make it up there and visit them.

Now the only thing I have to put up with is my wife teasing me that I "meet men on the internet".
    Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

I got the internet friend jab from the wife too! I will happily put up with the teasing given you and Russ hooked me up with my own mini Polar Bear event. It was awesome to be able to try different boards and I was amazed at how different the boards felt under foot, even between boards that have a very similar shape and size. Steve has a great wake dialed in that is clean and steep. All the mods have come together to produce a the perfect wave. By the way, i didn't notice the surf flap when the boat was on the trailer. Did I miss it or do you not need it any more with the newly trimmed swim platform? Thanks again, Steve (and Russ) for an awesome day and my first experience with wakesurfing in the pouring rain. I hope that your boat has dried out because it was soaked. Come on up to Idaho so we can return the favor!

Comment

Yes, my flap was still there. With a full black hull, the flap tends to blend in well under the platform while trailering. On my turn, when we turned off the motor and taps was at 7 (I always forget the highest setting, I think its 7 or 8 but either way its clean now), it never was clean prior to the flap. I am just not sure if its the platform trim or the flap. Either way the combo has worked well for me.
      Mods: MLA BIG Ballast System (1800+ Custom sacs, 2 500 W705 sacs under bow), Duffy Surf Flap Mod, Trimmed Swim Deck, Top-Mount Starter

Comment

Working...
      X