Go Pro Hero 2 - accessories, advice, etc

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Go Pro Hero 2 - accessories, advice, etc

The wife gave me an early Christmas present and got me the GoPro Hero 2(motorsports edition). My question is what do you guys recommend for accessories? Any tips or advice is appreciated.

I will be using it for the boat, wakeboarding, surfing and the dirtbike.
    Last edited by Matt Garcia; 12-19-2012, 05:21 PM.

Originally posted by Matt Garcia View Post
    The wife gave me an early Christmas present and got me the GoPro Hero 2(motorsports edition). My question is what do you guys recommend for accessories? Any tips or advice is appreciated.

I will be using it for the boat, wakeboarding, surfing and the dirtbike.
    Suction cup mount and leash to attach to the cleat if were yanked off by the rope. The wi-fi remote was a nice thought but myself and others could never get the bugs worked out, I haven't tried again in several months.

I would say Ragboy has the biggest fleet of go-pro's and knowledge that I know of.

Comment

Matt:

I use a 3 foot extender pole that expands to 6 feet so I can get the camera closer to the rider and follow the rider or shoot from the rubrail angle. The advantage is u can change the angle but the downside is u need a camera person. It works well using bike handle bar mount, my pole came from West Marine and floats.

I gave up on the wifi too - it sucks. we use the full water tight housing w floater attached via tie-down. Shooting into the sun is kinda ugly (sun behind rider).

Rider is tnvolgrad on this website. Here's a video to see how it works;

good luck

Comment

I seen that they have a surfboard mount, anyone try it?

Comment

I have seen it and I am sure it will work but you may want to attach a float to the housing in case it comes loose. A good idea when out on the water because they do not float.
          Wake Up or Stay On Shore!

Comment

Suction cup mount and wireless are perfect. you can mount that thing on the back just over the swim deck and hit record from the helm. The surf board mount made me nervous but worked perfectly for the few rides we've tried it so far.

Comment

Some of the angles on the Wakesurf summer 2012 video were done by the headband mount. Also using the waterproof container for all of the shots.

Comment

do they have any good handheld attachments that i dont know about?

Comment

Go to GoPros website ST., you can check it all out there. Make sure to check out the video & picture of the day.

Comment

Working...
                  X