July 4th week on Tahoe..long wave action

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

July 4th week on Tahoe..long wave action

too busy surfing to post since the season started but got a bunch of days in already..

Here's some shots of our long wave experiment in the 24V (2000 lbs + 4 people). Board is one of my ocean boards..a really fat Walden 6'1" Fish with minimal rocker. Super fast down the line, especially when when you stomp on it

Freind Cindy in her dry suit. Unusually low water temps for early July..58 degrees. A week later it's up to 65

first mate holding court' in her command post'

she surfs too

making a slight adjustment

Last edited by MooseX; 07-11-2012, 06:10 AM.
    my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Nice wave. The water is awesome looking.

Comment

grt shots

Comment

You win for most beautiful surf wave! Man that water is gorgeous!

Comment

Moose! Nice to see you're still tearing up the West Shore. I see your wave hasn't gotten any smaller. I still haven't been up there this year but, I'm hoping to now the the lakes are warming up. One of these days I gonna pull you over and and demand a ride on that crazyass wave.
          You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Moose that is a seriously nice wave...

Comment

Beautiful wave

How much pocket do you lose if you drive straight?

Comment

duncan we def' lose some of the pocket going straight. It seems we always have to have a slight bend. We run TAPS never higher than 2.5 and never lower than 1. 3k to 3200 rpms depending on how many are in the boat.

Strange last year we couldn't put anyone/weight up front but this year we have to have weight up there or the boat 'drags' and the wave is way too fkn' short. We are running a full tank of gas this year. Last year we always seemed to be at a half tank

Yeah ya gotta love the water. The calmer it gets the better it looks. I grew up here so I sometimes don't appreciate it so much..till' I ride the DELTA and see how nasty that can be.

Last few days the wind has DIED and stays calm all day. Rare for Tahoe which can real messy in a hurry. Temps around 90 you can really fry at altitude. We're goin every day I can to make up for the sh*tty June.

I rode my new 4'6" Drew Danielo Diamond the last few times. It's my first ever real wakesurf board. Got in EBAY for 425 slightly used. Damn those small 'chips are skwirly'. The fin is the size of gdamn' butter knife haha and it wants to SPIN SPIN SPIN. I ordered a 2" fin so I could at least cruise it better and then learn possibly learn tricks

Nicky you can def' ride any time. I thought I saw you but it was another TIGE. I saw a White and Red one today. Just cruised right by us. Actually have seen 3 TIGE boats this summer. A freind of a freind just bought a beat up 24v same color scheme as mine for 7 grand. Not sure what's wrong with it. It would be interesting to see what 7 g's gets you
                my midlife crisis started at puberty and I plan on enjoying it all the way to the end..

Comment

I'd love to have a go on that 3D. That's the one shape I've really been looking at. You do any mid-week runs?

7k?! Have him post that thing up. I wanna see what a 7k 24v looks like.

Comment

yeah were out all the time.

I'll see what I can do. I'm def' curious what a 7000 dollare Tige looks like. 5 bux says it has toasted drive and needs major detail/refreshing

Comment

I'll put 5 on a cracked block and new interior.

I might be able to pull a mid-week next week. If you like that 3D but want some more fin, you'll love the Walzer.

Comment

I'm not sure I like the 3D yet. wait till I get the 2" fin on there so I can at least hang. RIght now it's way too fkn' squirrely for this ediot. We don't allow chronic falling on the boat. Uses too much gas... and takes up precious wave time doin u turns.

what's a walzer?

Program note. I cracked one of my toes yesterday messin' around. Looks like a few days off the water. The girl is devastated. She's just as addicted as I am. If it doesn't get better soon I'm gonna lose her to another boat hah!
                        Last edited by MooseX; 07-12-2012, 04:29 PM.

Comment

The Walzer has been my mainline ride for 5 seasons now. I've ridden a few boards since then, including a new Flyboy, a new Soulcraft, surfdad's "daily driver" and an IS 4skim. I still like it better than any of those.

Ha! I was so excited when I got it. http://www.tigeowners.com/forum/show...ghlight=walzer

Comment

looks like a surf style board right? pretty hard rail too. I like that

Comment

Nope. Twin Skim. Hard rail, tip to tail.

Comment

Working...
                              X