Strainer and T-valve on a 20v!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strainer and T-valve on a 20v!

The boat is a 20v switch series. I plan to run the boat in salt water exclusively. See photos for my marelon T-150 strainer and the bronze apollo T valve installed. Fittings coming off the T are Groco 1 1/4 fittings. (Npt to hose barb, male to male 1.1/4, 1.1/4 to 3/4 (for garden hose hookup), and then 3/4npt to garden hose fitting (off amazon). The marelon (forespar) strainer runs a 1.1/4 hose barb to 1.1/2 fitting for marelon products.

The wood backing plate is ~22 inches wide and it is a 2x6 pressure treated. If i remember correctly, the thru fibreglass bolts are 3 inches and the washers and nuts are all stainless steel. The brackets around the apollo valve are 2inch galvanized plumping brackets with stainless screws.

I felt that there were not a lot of resources on how to do this (mounting wise). The final result came out better than expected IMO. Hope this helps and please spread/move this post if it belongs in a different section on the forum.

Comment

I have a 20V and definitely plan to use your setup and really appreciate you taking the time to post.

Comment

Taking the exhaust turn down off the left hand side helps to give you room to put new hose on the thru hull. Some lube or wd-40 should help you loosen up the hoses with that

Comment

Working...
        X