Boat cleaning/detailing prices?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Boat cleaning/detailing prices?

Just wondering if anyone ever gets their boat detailed professionally, i own a car dealership and with the economy as slow as it is i have been doing more vehicle detailing than ever to make ends meet, just got a call for a boat, i have never done one for someone else before and just wondering what kind of prices you have paid to have it done, i quoted them 150 but the more i think about it that is to low for the time it is going to take.

I've seen anywhere from $200-300 depending on the size of the boat.

Mike
    Ambivalent? Yes. Or Not.

Comment

250 to 300 in Nor Cal
      "Injuries heal, but puss you take to the grave."

Comment

Guess i shot it a little low, but its not too big, just a 212 baja, and prices of everything are much higher on west coast than the good ol midwest

Comment

$17 to $22 per foot where I am at.
          Let it be!!!

Comment

15-20 per foot in florida if it is on a trailer or at a marina where it is on a land rack. If it is a cabin boat then double that to have the cabin cleaned.

Comment

That is nuts, i never would have thought people paid up to 440 bucks to have their 20ft boat cleaned, guess that just tells everyone it is much easier and cheaper to just wipe it down when you take it off the water and vacuum it once a week.

Comment

IMO, boats are a lot harder to clean than a car. Is that Baja 212 an Islander (open bow)? That's a lot of cleaning/detailing, my buddy had one and there is a lot going on with that boat - area for a toilet, ski locker, etc.

Comment

$20/ft gets the whole thing spotless. more if they have to wetsand.

Comment

Wow!! That is a lot of money. We use our boat in a very dirty lake, and I wipe it down with fresh water, then a dry towel after every outing, and it keeps my boat(s) looking like new. But with that said, I have seen some really dirty boats.

Comment

I do the same freshwater rinse and full dry, but as KKO can attest, it does not take long for a boat to look like crap when used in the saltwater and stored out in the florida sun. They had a bu at the shop that was not very old that looked absolutely appalling. I bet you could make pretty good money detailing high end boats. Most of those people either maintain their boats with an open checkbook or don't maintain them at all.

Comment

DAMN YOU GUYS ARE CHEAP. Dealer quoted me $900. Everyone here was quoting me around $1200-$1500 for my 24ft boat. This was no wetsanding at all. Just wash, wax, shampoo carpet and wipe down interior. A good buddy that details boats said he'd give me a friend discount if I helped and he said $250, and normally he would have charged $1100.

To me cleaning a boat is easyyyyyyyyyy. You can move around so easy, unlike a car. I mean hell, me and a buddy detailed my boat after just pulling it out of storage and took about 2 hours from start to finish and I crawled inside and out every little hatch... got in with q-tips and everything.
                        Being a major OU fan and a staunch conservative.... I am perpetually vexed w/ the conundrum of who to hate more. Obama or the Univ. of Saxet.

Comment

Guys if you use the correct polish you should not need to wet-sand. If it is that bad I would question the integrity of the Gel-Coat. I just did some boats that were donated to the Boy Scouts and they Gel-Coat was trashed. Nothing was saving that thing. They were told by a local dealer that wet-sanding it would save it. What EVER. It was a goner. they towed it to goodwill.
                          www.automarinecare.com CWB, ACME, FlyHigh, Merc Marine, PCM, Marine-power, WETSOUNDS, HSE Volume Controls, Kicker, Sony, Samson Sports, and many other marine parts or accessory's.

Comment

A medium cruiser in our slips will be $350 customer pay if the owner has been asked to wash and hasn't. It WILL get cleaned and they WILL be billed.
                            Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

I was just at Lake Powell and there were a couple of guys, going around the docks, passing out cards and showing off which boats they had recently detailed. Can you imagine the cost on some of those big boats? Yikes!
                              Mike Allen, Tigé owner since 1997

Comment

Working...
                              X