2000 tige 21V tower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2000 tige 21V tower

I have a 2000 tige 21V which has the stock Metcraft tower on it. I was looking into getting a bimini but it eventually got me to wanting a new tower due to all the negativity around the metcraft towers and mine sways and creaks a lot on the water. Does anyone know which tower will fit the same holes? I do not want to drill new holes in the hull. And also is installing a new tower an easy task if no drilling is required or would bringing it to a shop be the smarter decision?

Thank you!
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Mrcote1; 04-27-2020, 04:11 PM.

I doubt there are any towers that fit the same holes (i could be wrong)
    Most replacements will be universal.

It's not a tough task hardest part would be getting the old holes filled and gel coated but there's plenty of tutorials all over the interwebs for that.

I put a Monster MTK on mine and love it.

MVIMG_20190810_163537.jpg
    DJI_0110-copy.jpg

Comment

wow that does look nice!
      Monster towers just got back to me and the mounting holes do not align. So I would have to drill new holes and fill in the old ones.
      Is it hard to blend the color when filling the old holes?
      Ill do some research tonight and if it really doesn't seem to bad maybe I'll give it a go
      Last edited by Mrcote1; 04-27-2020, 06:25 PM.

Comment

Depending on where exactly the old holes are, you could place SeaDeck or something similar over the top, maybe along the top rail length-wise to hide. No one would ever know...

Comment

I love the monster tower and Bimini top

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I could be wrong but I BELIEVE Samson Towers will go in the stock holes but they are not the cheapest...however they are considered one of the best...

Comment

I have the Origin Catapult tower. I got the front holes to line up but the rears didn't. I did a half *** repair with Marine-tex putty. Not perfect but my gel coat already has stress some stress cracks and I didn't want spend the money with the fiberglass guy. I could always just install some pop up cleats or seadeck to cover it up.

Comment

I have a 2000 22i that i had custom Collapsible tower built from sales@samsonsports.com you can see all there tower they have made for Tige in there photo gallery just scroll down to Tige . mine is photo #10 Razor tower

Comment

Pics! I have the same boat. I had mine built by BOSS towers long, long ago. If I had to do it all over again, I would get a Samson Razor all day long.
                  You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

Comment

Comment

^^^Nice. That’s how ya do it right there.
                        You'll get your chance, smart guy.

Comment

It's been a Great boat over the last almost 20yrs and zero problem, in the boat world a rare thing but i started with a flatbottom the first 20yrs the repair shop travels with me,lol. The tower was not cheap but i have it the way i want it my video mount, lights and quick release speaker so i can take spearer out of the boat off season or when im on a lake or area you might not trust with $$$$ hanging. worth every $$ if you are happy with it.

Comment

Originally posted by SONIC View Post
                            I doubt there are any towers that fit the same holes (i could be wrong)
                            Most replacements will be universal.

It's not a tough task hardest part would be getting the old holes filled and gel coated but there's plenty of tutorials all over the interwebs for that.

I put a Monster MTK on mine and love it.

[ATTACH]52266[/ATTACH]
                            [ATTACH]52267[/ATTACH]
                            Can the tower still be folded down or does the windshield get in the way?

Comment

Not to ask a dumb question but I just bought a 2000 tige 2100 v, looks like the boat pictured by Civilgee. Anyway it has a monster tower that is awfully loose. I can get to the front underside bolts (near the bow) but can’t figure out how to get to the one right behind the windshield toward the rear. Do you have to pull the seat backing, I’m not seeing how the seats are attached to the side wall? How did you guys get under there to mount your towers?

Comment

Working...
                              X