Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aftermarket Rudder assembly/Box for 2013 R20?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aftermarket Rudder assembly/Box for 2013 R20?

Anyone aware of an aftermarket rudder assembly for a 2013 R20? I just got the boat and I missed that when checking it out. Apparently, the part is about $900. Frustrating!

Lets back up here. What is wrong with the rudder that is on it now?
    Oh Yeah!

Comment

They all are aftermarket.
      Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
        They all are aftermarket.
        Exactly this.

My fear is that if you have a damaged rudder, there are other damaged items such as bent strut and bent shaft.
        Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post

My fear is that if you have a damaged rudder, there are other damaged items such as bent strut and bent shaft.
          Exactly. Have to suspect collateral damage if a rudder is bent.
          Mikes Liquid Audio: Knowledge Experience Customer Service you can trust-KICKER WetSounds ACME props FlyHigh Custom Ballast Clarion LiquidLumens LEDs Roswell Wave Deflector And More

Comment

All this is possible. I have someone checking things out now. The DIY portion of this project got away from me. So, right now, my shop is suggesting the rudder assembly. I was just hoping there might be a cheaper option than the $900 I'm being quoted right now. I did a google search and did not come up anything really.

Comment

$900 parts and labor? Sounds about right. Parts only direct from a retail source would certainly be less then through the shop that has their costs involved.

Comment

Originally posted by chpthril View Post
                $900 parts and labor? Sounds about right. Parts only direct from a retail source would certainly be less then through the shop that has their costs involved.
                Actually, it's $900 for the part alone. There is another 4 hours labor on top of that. The shop is willing to install whatever part I can find, if I can find it cheaper.

Comment

replaced the rudder on the r20 years back after a defect in the casting. wasn't terribly hard of a job, had a marine mechanic friend come do it and it only took 2 hours max. Jack the back of the boat up a bit slide it off and slide the new one back in.

Comment

I appreciate all the words of encouragement. Regardless of which way I go with the project, I still need the part which I can't seem to find anywhere?? I can't even get a response from Tige Texas parts department.

Comment

Originally posted by cboshdave View Post
                      I can't even get a response from Tige Texas parts department.
                      I assume you mean the factory. When did you contact them?

Most likely its a U1065 which is a complete assembly. Would have to be ordered from a Tige dealership.
                      Oh Yeah!

Comment

skidim.com
                        bakesonline.com
                        greatlakesskipper.com
                        connollymarine.com

Those components are typically based on dimensions, rather then the boat manufacturer that used it. So you likely wont find rudder by searching "tige"

Comment

Quick google search with kool aids number. Might be able to find something better.
                          https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bronze-2010...-/282858387967

Comment

Originally posted by bsreid View Post
                            Quick google search with kool aids number. Might be able to find something better.
                            https://www.ebay.com/itm/Bronze-2010...-/282858387967
                            Ouch! $700 for a used one that looks worn and doesn't have a rudder port? $900 seems fair for a new one. Good find though bsreid
                            Oh Yeah!

Comment

Originally posted by KoolAid View Post
                              Ouch! $700 for a used one that looks worn and doesn't have a rudder port? $900 seems fair for a new one. Good find though bsreid
                              Yeah not cheap but just means there might be something better available.

Comment

Working...
                              X