Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dealer Maintenance Costs

Hey Guys;

Question to those of you who do annual maintenance through a dealer, or happen to be a dealer who does annual maintenance, whats a reasonable cost for a full synthetic maintenance?

1) Engine, Transmission, and vDrive Oil Change
    2) Check Engine and Prop Alignment
    3) Run Diagnostic Codes off the Marine Power
    4) Check belts, electrical connections, etc.

And then after that, cost to replace the Impeller as it's own charge?

This is a 2007 22Ve with the MP340 in it. The Water Pump faces the rear of the boat and most threads suggest it can be pulled in place with an impeller puller...

A few points to make:

1) Yes, I know, I can do it myself. And I have, for the last 20 years. I want to be lazy this year, and I want a professional to look at the engine as there is a small amount of oil leakage I want looked at.

2) I'd prefer to see this stay above board, and not turn into a "dealers rip you off" thing - You guys (dealers) work hard, have a huge investment, etc, and need to recoup the cost of being experts. I expect the cost to be higher then the 100 bucks in fluids going into the boat

That being said, I was quoted a number which seems very very high... SO I figured I'd make sure i'm not crazy. The Tige Dealerships here have all changed in the last three years, and none of them ever sold/serviced Marine Power....

Thanks everyone!

Hey Brent,

I'm not a dealer but own a repair facility and service all makes and models, gas and diesel marine engines. To put it mildly, our Tige motors are pretty easy to service compared to some of the crap we deal with. We are mobile and come to service the client's vessel wherever its located within our service area. We are $135/hr and charge parts at list price rates. For the above job, see below:

1) Around $200 total including oil and filter
    2) This is a much more involved task and access on the v-drives is somewhat terrible depending on the unit so lets aim high and call it 3 hours = $405 labor only
    3) $135
    4) $135

Impeller change is usually $45 parts and .5 hours for labor = $112.50

Total without tax: $987.50 so call it $1,000. Totally worth it to do yourself if you know how to do alignment and have the diagnostics computer + all the rest of the above.
    Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

I'd jump at a $200 service for all 3 units. you do service in vegas??

that said all in I would expect to pay between 750 and a grand. last time I paid for service it was $350 for an oil change(no trans/vdrive) and antifreeze into the engine for winterization. didn't do anything else.
      2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
      2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

Thanks guys. This is super helpful! I feel better now.

Comment

Hey Sandm, I have an 02 21V, here in Vegas, who do you use for service and any leads on a reputable upholstery guy?

Comment

AJ,
            I do most service myself however the one time I paid for an oil change/winterization(haha- for what that's worth) I used Gerry's Marine in Henderson off the 215 and Auto Show Drive. great guys and pricing/wait times were MUCH better than boulder or offshore. I would use them again in a second BUT if you need major service that requires an overnight stay confirm that you get a spot inside for the night. it's not a bad area but it's industrial so no way I would leave my whip outside there.

2 things on upholstery:
            if you need anything sunbrella related from bimini or cover, call Ralph at PI Upholstery. He built me a crazy cover for the z3. he's a boater(owns a houseboat and 2 tooners) so he understands what boaters need here.

interior work I am still looking for a good shop. Ralph above gave me a contact in boulder city but guy never returned emails with quotes and didn't seem too interested in work. I have a couple panels that need some work along with the rest of the skins I have and hasn't been a priority yet but when I find someone in the next month i'll let ya know how it goes.

that said, where do you put in? always looking for more to meet up with. we launch at callville as we're located in calico ridge by lake las vegas.
            2012 22ve.. RIP 4/17
            2014 Z3.. Surf away

Comment

I just got the boat in October. Launched it once out of the same. I live out by the Clark County range. If you do your own service I’ll hit you up for some tips, I’m mechanicly inclined and my step father is a mechanic.

Comment

$1000 is probably not too far out of range. It is steep, but it seems to be in line with what I have seen at a few other dealerships.

I was surprised that the alignment was that involved, but I have probably forgotten how painful it can be to get to the Vdrive in those years.

@boatwakes, are the more modern wakeboats much easier to get to for alignment? It seems much easier on boats the last few years.
                Be excellent to one another.

Comment

Larry!!! We bought a 2015 Z3 a couple years ago and it's harder to change the oil filter than do shaft alignment on it. It really just depends on the v-drive. The velvet drive units are a PITA because the assembly is under the engine but the ZF units are a piece of cake. Compared to some of the big boats we work on, I'd take wake boats in a heartbeat.
                  Fixing everyone elses boat just so I can use mine...

Comment

Sorry for the late reply as I just joined the forum. I too appreciate the info given in this thread. Last fall I was charged $2400 for full winterization by a local dealer to me. Not an authorized Tige dealer. I purchased from Marine Max and wanted to keep with the dealer. I felt ripped off and now really feel ripped off since seeing this thread. Glad I found a local Tige dealer. Haven't checked his winterization charges, but will this fall. At least I have a average charge to refer to

Comment

Working...
                    X