Warrantee issues RZX Alpha Z tower broken / cracked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Warrantee issues RZX Alpha Z tower broken / cracked

I normally don't go public with stuff like this but I am running out of options and spring is approaching.

I'm collecting some data on the failures and cracks in the Alpha Z towers. We have a 16 RZX and have a half dozen cracks throughout the tower and we are getting a bit of a run around from Tige about fixing the issue. We have been trying since last fall to get things repaired. Anyone else have a similar experience? I have found many threads here on the Alpha Z tower cracks and breaks.

The current remedy is to "weld up" the cracks and it will be good to go as explained by Tige. Well my currently dealer said they won't do that for liability. Obviously welding on a bad casting won't hold up. I am also very concerned with cracks down the road as it seems the castings are the problem. Have many had any luck getting Tige to replace the tower with M2 tower? I am very concerned this thing will be a serious problem down the road. We live full time on a small lake in Alabama and our local marina just became a dealer. The local dealer is doing the best they can but they have explained Tige is the problem finding a resolution. Tige won't even return my calls at this point and we have probably only spoken of the problem 2 times in the last few months. I am seriously disappointed in the customer service.

Thanks for anyone who has some info. I do appreciate it.

Eric

I'd suggest also posting here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1505...?ref=bookmarks

Can also try messaging Tony Fussell as he used to own?/manage Tige. In other threads it sounds like he has helped people through various issues.

Comment

Originally posted by BCRider View Post
      I'd suggest also posting here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1505...?ref=bookmarks

Can also try messaging Tony Fussell as he used to own?/manage Tige. In other threads it sounds like he has helped people through various issues.
      He was National sales manager

Comment

You can try all you like to weld that cast aluminum. We tried with a tig welder and it wouldn't even stick because of all the impurities in the cast. Your best option is to claim it on insurance and take your check with your boat as a trade and buy a new one.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Does Tige offer a new tower for replacement? Maybe the insurance route and get it replaced. If it is traded the dealer still needs to repair it before the next sale.

Comment

My dealer took mine cracked at both base mounts. Pay my loan off on my 2010 z4. Got me a 2016 with the same tower. Haven't had any issues with it other than having to tighten the lock handles constantly. Trading it in next week for a 2020 RZX2

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Comment

Thank you ! I just sent the join request on Facebook. I was slammed at work so I just got the chance to follow up on the replies. I appreciate it.

We have been trying to deal with the issue since September and the process has been one of the worst experiences I’ve ever had with warrantee work. The crazy part is our community is small and the local dealer is a new Tige dealer. If this is normal for warrantee work they won’t be selling many boats. We will also be upgrading to a new boat next year.

Eric
              Last edited by ATPWedowee; 02-23-2020, 06:21 PM.

Comment

We are going back and forth with them on replacing it. I really appreciate the reply and info.

Comment

My Tower on our 15 Z3 cracked at the base on Memorial Day weekend 2 years ago. Took my dealer until mid July to get it fixed and covered by warranty.

I was trying to get them to replace with the new tower but no go.

The problem with the cast tower is they no longer manufacture them so I was told parts are hard to come by.
                  "You're rather attractive for a beautiful girl with a great body."

Comment

Don’t replace it with another turd like the alpha tower. Definitely make them go with an E2, they don’t have any of the issues the old alphas do.

Comment

Well we found a solution and Tige is fixing us up. It took a bit but I’m happy with their solution. I appreciate the input and advice. Thanks all!

Comment

What is the solution? I would hate to go through this process with mine. Thankfully I never really tow with it or even lower it.

Comment

Working...
                        X