22RZX v 22ATX v R23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

22RZX v 22ATX v R23

A co-worker of mine is looking at the ATX 22 and the R23. I’ve been providing a lot of info to Him over the past weeks and wanted to ask you about the 22RZX. My understanding is that you can get the 22RZX with fewer options like E2, etc... to lower cost. My questions are :

1) what is the price difference between 22RZX, ATX22 and R23 when option’ed the same/similar?

2) what are the surf waves like? My assumption is the 22RZX will have a much better wave mostly because the weight of the boat + water ballast is ~9600lbs where the ATX22 and R23 are roughly 7950 & 7500lbs according to the specs on their websites.... that 1600lbs will make a big difference right? I also assume the ATX22 will have a slightly better wave than the R23 when the R23 has the GSA plates on it right since the ATX is a newer hull design and 400lbs heavier. That was my assessment when I surfed the ATX at the tige reunion.... thoughts? I look forward to your opinions and experiences

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm curious what the answer is to this also. The R23 is down on weight for sure but is the longest in the group. Length is your friend when it comes to making waves.

Comment

Originally posted by Sublimer23 View Post
      I'm curious what the answer is to this also. The R23 is down on weight for sure but is the longest in the group. Length is your friend when it comes to making waves.
      Can't say I agree with that. Weight is your friend.
      My 23' takes a LOT more weight to get a similar wave to the equivalent 21' boat

Comment

Working...
      X